anyone been to the bahamas in January?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-08-2015, 03:18 PM
anyone been to the bahamas in January?
As some know my husband is taking us to the Bahamas on a cruise. Now it is in January and I've been doing research. what I've gotten is that January is the coldest month in the Bahamas about 75 °f. Now what I'm most concerned about is how cold will it be in the ship? If we are cruising on the water then wouldn't there be wind and lots of it? I want to enjoy the sun and water not covering up.

So my question is has anybody had experience with this time of year in the Bahamas or on a cruise?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2015, 03:27 PM
RE: anyone been to the bahamas in January?
I've been to the Bahamas on a cruise in January about six times and the weather truly has varied. The last time, this past January, it was very cold on the outside decks. The Bahamas were decent this last time, and one year it was real warm; the other times it was moderately chilly. But you have to remember I'm from Florida so everything is cold to me if it's not 75.

Just pack some sweats and a sweatshirt and you'll be all right.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-08-2015, 03:44 PM
(04-08-2015 03:27 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  I've been to the Bahamas on a cruise in January about six times and the weather truly has varied. The last time, this past January, it was very cold on the outside decks. The Bahamas were decent this last time, and one year it was real warm; the other times it was moderately chilly. But you have to remember I'm from Florida so everything is cold to me if it's not 75.

I don't wanna wear sweats! I'm on vacation to a warm place and I wanna enjoy it. So I was thinking of pushing it back to mid April to mid may? Is that a good time? Thanks
[+] 1 user Likes purpledaisies's post
04-08-2015, 05:17 PM
(04-08-2015 03:18 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  As some know my husband is taking us to the Bahamas on a cruise. Now it is in January and I've been doing research. what I've gotten is that January is the coldest month in the Bahamas about 75 °f. Now what I'm most concerned about is how cold will it be in the ship? If we are cruising on the water then wouldn't there be wind and lots of it? I want to enjoy the sun and water not covering up.

So my question is has anybody had experience with this time of year in the Bahamas or on a cruise?

I don't know about that area, but wind wasn't an issue at sea during our Alaskan cruises. The only time it was a problem, was when we had a big storm to get through on the second cruise & we all stayed inside. For passenger safety they locked the deck doors.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

[+] 2 users Like Mrs.B's post
04-08-2015, 09:06 PM
(04-08-2015 03:44 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  
(04-08-2015 03:27 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  I've been to the Bahamas on a cruise in January about six times and the weather truly has varied. The last time, this past January, it was very cold on the outside decks. The Bahamas were decent this last time, and one year it was real warm; the other times it was moderately chilly. But you have to remember I'm from Florida so everything is cold to me if it's not 75.

I don't wanna wear sweats! I'm on vacation to a warm place and I wanna enjoy it. So I was thinking of pushing it back to mid April to mid may? Is that a good time? Thanks

Yes, perfect time.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
05-08-2015, 06:46 AM
Yeah, my wife and I went in December. It was wonderful weather.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]