anyone else creeped out by dolls?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-01-2015, 12:52 PM
anyone else creeped out by dolls?
Only ventriloquist dummies. When I was a kid, I got sick a lot. I got up with a high fever (again) and my mom already knew what to do. So here I am, feeling horrible, and my dad has some horror movie on cable.

Of course, it's about a ventriloquist dummy (or more than one) coming to life and killing people. Since then they creep me out.

Funny thing is, as an adult I was fine. Didn't like them, but I could stand being in the same room. I was out eating at a pizza joint and above each booth there was a diorama. This one had a ventriloquist dummy. OK, we laughed. Then for no reason, it falls. On me.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Clockwork's post
31-01-2015, 04:35 PM
RE: anyone else creeped out by dolls?
My grandaughter is creeped out by dolls. She's just had her 5th birthday. She's fine with stuffed animals but dolls creep her out.
31-01-2015, 05:12 PM
Not in general, but it definitely depends on the doll. Older ones creep me out. I don't know what they were thinking back then, but dolls made back in the day were just weird. Like those porcelain fuckers you find sitting on that antique sofa in grandma's living room. They genuinely make me uncomfortable.

I started watching "Salem" on Netflix; there's a doll in one episode that fucking gets me. It doesn't help that it creeps around and makes little scratching noises, either. *Shivers*

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-01-2015, 05:14 PM
One of the most intense nightmares I ever had - that I remember, which is a big caveat - involved dolls. And a serial killer.

Well; it wasn't a nightmare per se, more of a dreamscape police procedural drama. And I woke up before it ended, so I'll never know how things resolved.

... this is my signature!
31-01-2015, 09:00 PM
Smile oh we are a funny lot. Not scared of hell but put a few dolls in a locked room with us and we be crying.

Thumbsup

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 3 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
31-01-2015, 09:16 PM