anyone rv around america?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-01-2016, 03:42 AM
anyone rv around america?
I'm wanting to rv my way around America and hit every state. My question is has anyone done it and is it better to plan each state or just go from state to state as you go?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-01-2016, 03:49 AM
RE: anyone rv around america?
I haven't but I've been considering buying a smallish RV and doing that when I retire. I probably won't unless I have a traveling companion but I like to think about it. My goal would be to visit all the national parks. Smile

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
18-01-2016, 04:08 AM
My goal is to visit every state. However I'd like to make it a trip of a life time instead of just driving to get to each state. This our next trip after we get back from our cruise.
18-01-2016, 04:20 AM
(18-01-2016 04:08 AM)purpledaisies Wrote:  My goal is to visit every state. However I'd like to make it a trip of a life time instead of just driving to get to each state. This our next trip after we get back from our cruise.

I'm a planner so I would mark all the places I want to see on a map and then map the best route. But that's me.

I would also like to take a train trip clear across Canada.

[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
18-01-2016, 04:27 AM
(18-01-2016 04:20 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(18-01-2016 04:08 AM)purpledaisies Wrote:  My goal is to visit every state. However I'd like to make it a trip of a life time instead of just driving to get to each state. This our next trip after we get back from our cruise.

I'm a planner so I would mark all the places I want to see on a map and then map the best route. But that's me.

That's exactly what I'd like to do. I've been trying to find a map that will let me.
18-01-2016, 04:31 AM
(18-01-2016 04:27 AM)purpledaisies Wrote:  
(18-01-2016 04:20 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  I'm a planner so I would mark all the places I want to see on a map and then map the best route. But that's me.

That's exactly what I'd like to do. I've been trying to find a map that will let me.

Any paper map will do. Smile

I don't know of any map site that would do that complex of a trip. Paper maps are cool and highlighters are fun. It could be part of the adventure. Yes

[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
18-01-2016, 04:35 AM
(18-01-2016 04:31 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(18-01-2016 04:27 AM)purpledaisies Wrote:  That's exactly what I'd like to do. I've been trying to find a map that will let me.

Any paper map will do. Smile

I don't know of any map site that would do that complex of a trip. Paper maps are cool and highlighters are fun. It could be part of the adventure. Yes
Yea all I've found is ones that only let you put in one destination at a time. Ugh
18-01-2016, 05:35 AM (This post was last modified: 18-01-2016 06:48 AM by yakherder.)
You could modify this random map to fit in Alaska, but Hawaii might be a bit of a stretch Tongue

[Image: optimal-map-1024.jpg]

Edit: Akaka changed to Alaska Tongue.

'Murican Canadian
18-01-2016, 06:03 AM
(18-01-2016 05:35 AM)yakherder Wrote:  You could modify this random map to fit in Akaka, but Hawaii might be a bit of a stretch Tongue

[Image: optimal-map-1024.jpg]

I found this map but no options to modify it.
18-01-2016, 06:35 AM
Do New England in the Summer. Same with the North West. Florida is more crowded in the Winter, Spring is better (before schools let out up North.) Skip the Plains States, flat is flat and if you've seen some you've seen it all. Do the Pacific Coast Highway North to South, starting on September 1st.

Drive the AlCan Highway for the adventure, but do a rental and take a train back south to Seattle. The Great Southwest is best in early Fall.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post