anyone rv around america?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-01-2016, 06:50 AM
RE: anyone rv around america?
And if you do Canada, don't forget to head north. I highly recommend seeing aurora borealis from Yellowknife.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
18-01-2016, 06:59 AM
(18-01-2016 06:35 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Do New England in the Summer. Same with the North West. Florida is more crowded in the Winter, Spring is better (before schools let out up North.) Skip the Plains States, flat is flat and if you've seen some you've seen it all. Do the Pacific Coast Highway North to South, starting on September 1st.

Drive the AlCan Highway for the adventure, but do a rental and take a train back south to Seattle. The Great Southwest is best in early Fall.

Yes we have already been to most of the flat states. I want a map that I can take this map and move pins around
18-01-2016, 07:16 AM
(18-01-2016 04:08 AM)purpledaisies Wrote:  My goal is to visit every state. However I'd like to make it a trip of a life time instead of just driving to get to each state. This our next trip after we get back from our cruise.

Whatever RV you get - make sure it comes with the extra depth snorkel -- because it's a long drive to Hawaii................

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
18-01-2016, 07:33 AM
(18-01-2016 06:59 AM)purpledaisies Wrote:  
(18-01-2016 06:35 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Do New England in the Summer. Same with the North West. Florida is more crowded in the Winter, Spring is better (before schools let out up North.) Skip the Plains States, flat is flat and if you've seen some you've seen it all. Do the Pacific Coast Highway North to South, starting on September 1st.

Drive the AlCan Highway for the adventure, but do a rental and take a train back south to Seattle. The Great Southwest is best in early Fall.

Yes we have already been to most of the flat states. I want a map that I can take this map and move pins around
Electronically, Google Earth can do that.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-01-2016, 08:03 AM
(18-01-2016 07:33 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(18-01-2016 06:59 AM)purpledaisies Wrote:  Yes we have already been to most of the flat states. I want a map that I can take this map and move pins around
Electronically, Google Earth can do that.
I'll check that out thanks
18-01-2016, 10:22 AM
(18-01-2016 04:27 AM)purpledaisies Wrote:  
(18-01-2016 04:20 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  I'm a planner so I would mark all the places I want to see on a map and then map the best route. But that's me.

I would also like to take a train trip clear across Canada.
That's exactly what I'd like to do. I've been trying to find a map that will let me.

I also tend to plan everything which is why I think if I were to do anything like this I'd not plan a thing and just let it happen. Oh, and take a dog named Charley.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
18-01-2016, 11:36 AM
We have only been out west so far with the truck and trailer, Wa, Or, Ca, Id, Mt.
I am a founding member of a site called boondocker's welcome.
https://www.boondockerswelcome.com/
It is so nice to have a secure and private place to stay now and then on your travels.
We have hosted several nice families and keep in touch.
[+] 3 users Like skyking's post
18-01-2016, 11:42 AM
(18-01-2016 04:27 AM)purpledaisies Wrote:  
(18-01-2016 04:20 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  I'm a planner so I would mark all the places I want to see on a map and then map the best route. But that's me.

I would also like to take a train trip clear across Canada.
That's exactly what I'd like to do. I've been trying to find a map that will let me.

Garmin Basecamp. It's free, but useless without a Garmin. It also has a little bit of a learning curve. Still, it was designed for exactly your purpose. The trick to using it for long distance trips is that each leg has to be planned separately, then all the legs can be combined. I'm currently in the middle of planning a trip from Michigan to the Mt Rushmore - Little Bighorn area, to San Francisco, to Area 51, San Diego, Grand Canyon, and home.
18-01-2016, 02:49 PM
You can rent an RV. Unless you're going to travel all the time most of the time that RV will sit in your driveway while you're making payments. The average cost of some of those motorhomes is around $100,000. It seems to me that a person could stay in a nice hotel while traveling and not have to deal with the upkeep and payments on one of those things.

My husband and I are going to travel to the Grand Canyon next summer. We're going in a car and staying in hotels along the way. I won't have to cook, sweep, make the bed, vacuum and especially empty the contents of one of those RV toilet tanks in an RV park. Even better, I won't have any reminders of the RV scene from Christmas Vacation movie.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
18-01-2016, 03:23 PM
My wife and I have been to every state at one time or another. We usually fly into a city, rent a car and then travel around the area seeing what we want to see and avoiding the places that don't interest us. I don't care to drive long distances anymore but I used to love the drive from Colorado Springs to Palm Springs, CA when my mother in law lived in Palm Springs. We would always spend a day or two at the Grand Canyon, hiking around and just playing there. One time, we drove it in late May and when we left Palm Springs to come home, the temp was 105 F. When we got to Colorado, we climbed up Wolf Creek Pass and there was snow 15 feet deep on each side of the road. Wolf Creek is one of the most beautiful places in Colorado and it's a hell of a contrast with the Southern California desert.
[+] 1 user Likes Black Eagle's post