arg+arg+Jrpg=?????

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-04-2013, 10:01 PM
arg+arg+Jrpg=?????
I actually had an interesting idea. the idea was fort an alternate augment reality role play game. not sure if I could pull it off but I believe in asking before I give up with any idea.{because who knows you might been able to do it before you gave up}. the idea is simple. a unreleased video game hasn't been released for ten years. it's fans are getting mad the problem is that a select few get to be it's beta testers. the fact is the game becomes there world and in order to survive because you'll have a lfe metter. you'll have to solve riddles and defeat creatures in parks. thus you'll need the following to work with the game. google glass or some device like that. google maps for the reason of using actual locations in order to play the game like public parks and that's what google maps is good for.} ad ??? I really don;t know what else I wsa just brainstorming for blanks and giggles but if this was something I could pull of it would be something like d and d. does any one eles think I could pull this off ir is it just to expensive for me.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kunoxian drive's post
18-04-2013, 10:26 PM
RE: arg+arg+Jrpg=?????
If it's too expensive you could always try kickstarter, in any case, google glasses may not be your best choice of hardware

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
18-04-2013, 10:29 PM
god point but what would be my hard ware then also I can't use kickstarter seeing as 'd have to give trinkets in exchange and then what company would I use.

18-04-2013, 10:37 PM
Smartphones are the way to go, you'll have a stiff competition though.
About the kickstarter thing, you can finance the trinkets with the money you get from KS, or you can come up with some other workaround, there're ways to get money.

I'll sya you should take some time to research your market, at least to have an idea of where you're standing, maybe pitching the idea to an already settled company (however small) could be better

18-04-2013, 10:48 PM
Thanks!!!!

19-04-2013, 01:06 PM
Why wouldn't GoogleGlasses be good for this? A real live action game? It seems better to me than going around town with my phone in my hand. I think this is a great idea, maybe not yet, until the technology is yet perfected a bit, but the idea of a game in real world like this is awesome.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
19-04-2013, 01:21 PM
(19-04-2013 01:06 PM)Filox Wrote:  Why wouldn't GoogleGlasses be good for this? A real live action game? It seems better to me than going around town with my phone in my hand. I think this is a great idea, maybe not yet, until the technology is yet perfected a bit, but the idea of a game in real world like this is awesome.

Yeah, I didn't explain that bit, my bad.

GoogleGlasses are great for this kind of games, but they're not yet perfected, are they even in the market yet?
In any case, the market is too small to make any kind of profit yet, so I'd bet on smartphones first, but thinking about the GG would be good as a longer term plan

19-04-2013, 01:26 PM
Kunoxy, can you please translate your thread title into sensical-ese? Huh

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
19-04-2013, 01:26 PM
Great mind think alike...

Smile

P.S.

For both Erx and nach-in's posts...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
19-04-2013, 01:28 PM
Oh, and be careful, Kunoxy. I think Filox is going to steal your idea.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My