artificial selection

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-04-2013, 06:14 PM
artificial selection
I believe Being at the top of the food chain for so long has completely stunted, even reversed the evolution of our species. We should have implemented selective reproduction a LONG time ago. In other words if you are useless or have a seriously undesirable genetic disposition you shouldn't be allowed to add to the gene pool. I'm not saying stop people from having sex if thats what ur thinking. Im suggesting reversable vasectomies for everyone until they've gone through a screening process. Yeah, I know how crazy it sounds but I'm curious, what do you think about this? it's possible.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2013, 06:20 PM
RE: artificial selection
You're talking eugenics. It ain't that simple.

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
12-04-2013, 06:28 PM
It's natural mutation and selection that has formatted our species.

Artificial mutation and selection has been conducted upon several microbe, fungus and plant species. Many of them has proven to be useful for now. This is an interesting mutation (or a chain of mutations) on the homo sapiens species. And this mutation is going under natural selection. Maybe in ten thousand years we will know the result.

Want something? Then do something.
12-04-2013, 06:46 PM
(12-04-2013 06:14 PM)nobody Wrote:  I believe Being at the top of the food chain for so long has completely stunted, even reversed the evolution of our species. We should have implemented selective reproduction a LONG time ago. In other words if you are useless or have a seriously undesirable genetic disposition you shouldn't be allowed to add to the gene pool. I'm not saying stop people from having sex if thats what ur thinking. Im suggesting reversable vasectomies for everyone until they've gone through a screening process. Yeah, I know how crazy it sounds but I'm curious, what do you think about this? it's possible.

Who decides?

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
12-04-2013, 07:19 PM
Artificial selection of the grey wolf into every breed of dog had proven that humans can't be trusted to make good decisions here. Frankly, your idea isn't new; check out the movie Gattaca starring Ethan Hawke, or the master plan of Adolf Hitler.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
12-04-2013, 07:24 PM
Not everyone sees the same traits as desirable or not desirable...so, who gets to decide?

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
12-04-2013, 07:46 PM
(12-04-2013 06:14 PM)nobody Wrote:  I believe Being at the top of the food chain for so long has completely stunted, even reversed the evolution of our species. We should have implemented selective reproduction a LONG time ago. In other words if you are useless or have a seriously undesirable genetic disposition you shouldn't be allowed to add to the gene pool. I'm not saying stop people from having sex if thats what ur thinking. Im suggesting reversable vasectomies for everyone until they've gone through a screening process. Yeah, I know how crazy it sounds but I'm curious, what do you think about this? it's possible.

It sounds crazy and yet you believe there to be a benefit for our species by using eugenics, from what you are saying.

It also sounds like you're wanting to stir up shit because you're bored. Drinking Beverage

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
12-04-2013, 07:50 PM
Eugentics may have some appeal at first glance but it doesn't take long to figure out that it's a bad idea.

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
12-04-2013, 07:57 PM
Only if I personally make all the decisions. Wink

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
12-04-2013, 07:58 PM
(12-04-2013 07:57 PM)Dom Wrote:  Only if I personally make all the decisions. Wink
Wait, you don't make all the decisions? Then who have I been taking orders from?? Blink

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]