• 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-04-2013, 08:35 PM
RE: artificial selection
Cantor is right.

This is Eugenics.

This shit isn't funny.

Not at all.

Not for a fucking second.

Take an hour of time and watch this video. Because we all need to know.

Hello, Nobody.

You're somebody to me. You have trodden into very dangerous territory here. If you are an admirer of evolution and of Darwin's legacy, then you must educate yourself about the long history that these ideas have and about the unquestionable and inevitable danger they present. The above video is, sadly, the tip of the iceberg. There have been so many atrocities, in so many places, for so many decades, in so many different forms; imprisonment, sterilisation, massacre, the lot of it. We cannot allow any of this to happen again. I implore you to educate yourself further about this sad and frightening history and to prevent yourself from becoming an agent of these terrible ideas.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Ghost's post
12-04-2013, 08:35 PM
What does being "at the top of the food chain" have to do with "stunting evolution"? Lions don’t evolve because nothing hunted them?
What does preventing procreation have to do with "weeding" out genes? How would you weed out the "gay" gene since procreation never played a roll?
What makes you think you’re a better person than someone who has a genetic "disposition"?
What makes you think genes play the significant roll in manifestation of illnesses? They don’t play a large roll at all.
What makes you think creating a Totalitarian society that will scar humanity for generations, is at all, in anyway, not only a positive thing, but the best solution? Medical advancement anywhere up on that list?

This is pseudoscience nonsense. You're not crazy, just ill informed.
[+] 1 user Likes PoolBoyG's post
12-04-2013, 11:41 PM
I'm not " just trying to stir shit up" I've never heard of eugenics before. This is just crap I think about sometimes. Yeah I've seen gattaca, and that's a little different. And as far as Hitler's ideas, no. That's ridiculous I don't condone mass murder to achieve any end. That's just fucked up. But thanks for your replies, I learned stuff (:
[+] 1 user Likes nobody's post
14-04-2013, 04:47 AM
I remember once seeing a documentary on the sterilizing of mentally handicapped children somewhere on the U.S. east coast in the 40's/50's. I wish I could remember the title...
14-04-2013, 04:20 PM
I don't think there is a need for artificially selecting who breeds, because science is developing to the point where we can treat disease and disorders that would otherwise prevent people from working. We may soon be able to modify embryos, like in Gattaca, so that we can treat an inheritable disease before the baby is even born. Science could make eugenics an irrelevant idea. If you have a problem you can still reproduce, you just have the local geneticist tweak something so your child won't inherit your disease...

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]