atheism and theism themselves

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-03-2014, 04:30 PM
RE: atheism and theism themselves
(01-03-2014 04:27 PM)dreamwalker777 Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 04:24 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  Shakespearean is actually a legitimate term, but the older English is more commonly called Elizabethan.

so the whole thy thou thine hast etc etc, should i call it Shakespearian or Elizabethan?

Shakespearian. You are doing it for dramatic effect.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
01-03-2014, 04:30 PM
(01-03-2014 04:27 PM)dreamwalker777 Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 04:24 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  Shakespearean is actually a legitimate term, but the older English is more commonly called Elizabethan.

so the whole thy thou thine hast etc etc, should i call it Shakespearian or Elizabethan?

I would go with Elizabethan, but try to familiarize yourself with the words' meanings before trying to use them.

[Image: ezgif_save_1.gif]
01-03-2014, 04:36 PM
that does not matter at all my sophisticated repliers, i for one would like to pass to the thread, i'm just curious at people's reasons for becoming/being atheists,and at some points I would like to argue, what do you say we start, or shall i remove the entire thread
01-03-2014, 04:45 PM
(01-03-2014 04:36 PM)dreamwalker777 Wrote:  that does not matter at all my sophisticated repliers, i for one would like to pass to the thread, i'm just curious at people's reasons for becoming/being atheists,and at some points I would like to argue, what do you say we start, or shall i remove the entire thread

Certainly, I will begin. I am an atheist (agnostic-atheist, 6.9 on the dawkins scale) simply because the claims made by the bible (and the torah and the quran etc) do not hold water. They are demonstrably false and when we take what we now know about the beginning of the universe and life on Earth the spots you can slide a God of the Gaps argument is growing very small indeed.

This series is a good intro to the real history of the bible.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
01-03-2014, 04:47 PM
(01-03-2014 04:36 PM)dreamwalker777 Wrote:  that does not matter at all my sophisticated repliers, i for one would like to pass to the thread, i'm just curious at people's reasons for becoming/being atheists,and at some points I would like to argue, what do you say we start, or shall i remove the entire thread

You can start by presenting you.
01-03-2014, 04:55 PM
(01-03-2014 04:47 PM)donotwant Wrote:  

You can start by presenting you.

so shall it be, i am a young christian open minded human who loves to defeat people, i'm sorry if that might be offensive but i just grew up being and feeling superior to my classmates, with an IQ of 160 and having only 2 rivals around me all the time, i can have an atheist as a friend as long as he doesn't care that religion separates friendship,i never thought that age ever mattered on the scale of the power of someone's mind, and finally i'm curious
01-03-2014, 04:57 PM
(01-03-2014 04:55 PM)dreamwalker777 Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 04:47 PM)donotwant Wrote:  You can start by presenting you.

so shall it be, i am a young christian open minded human who loves to defeat people, i'm sorry if that might be offensive but i just grew up being and feeling superior to my classmates, with an IQ of 160 and having only 2 rivals around me all the time, i can have an atheist as a friend as long as he doesn't care that religion separates friendship,i never thought that age ever mattered on the scale of the power of someone's mind, and finally i'm curious

Hahaha. All right then now go ahead and make a topic where you explain why your version of christianity is the truth so we can defeat you.
01-03-2014, 04:58 PM
(01-03-2014 04:45 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

Certainly, I will begin. I am an atheist (agnostic-atheist, 6.9 on the dawkins scale) simply because the claims made by the bible (and the torah and the quran etc) do not hold water. They are demonstrably false and when we take what we now know about the beginning of the universe and life on Earth the spots you can slide a God of the Gaps argument is growing very small indeed.

yes a very good point indeed, but what would ensure your point of view about the world currently knowing about the beginning of the universe
01-03-2014, 05:04 PM
(01-03-2014 04:58 PM)dreamwalker777 Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 04:45 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Certainly, I will begin. I am an atheist (agnostic-atheist, 6.9 on the dawkins scale) simply because the claims made by the bible (and the torah and the quran etc) do not hold water. They are demonstrably false and when we take what we now know about the beginning of the universe and life on Earth the spots you can slide a God of the Gaps argument is growing very small indeed.

yes a very good point indeed, but what would ensure your point of view about the world currently knowing about the beginning of the universe

Read A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking or Lawrence Krauss' A Universe From Nothing. Those 2 books probably do the best job of explaining astrophysics to a layman. As for how I double check I just try and stay current with the fields as much as I can. The internet is making it much easier to do so between lectures on Youtube from various professors from Harvard Cambridge etc and just being interested in such things. The youtube channel TedTalks is very good place to start.

As a side note throwing around IQ scores is not really that impressive on the net. Epeens being what they are you will always find someone with a bigger one.

[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
01-03-2014, 05:07 PM
(01-03-2014 04:57 PM)donotwant Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 04:55 PM)dreamwalker777 Wrote:  so shall it be, i am a young christian open minded human who loves to defeat people, i'm sorry if that might be offensive but i just grew up being and feeling superior to my classmates, with an IQ of 160 and having only 2 rivals around me all the time, i can have an atheist as a friend as long as he doesn't care that religion separates friendship,i never thought that age ever mattered on the scale of the power of someone's mind, and finally i'm curious

Hahaha. All right then now go ahead and make a topic where you explain why your version of christianity is the truth so we can defeat you.

oh I never agreed with myself that I am completely right, except when I do have doubts a few silent thinking moments are enough for me to find logic in my several contradicting belief