atheism and theism themselves

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-03-2014, 05:08 PM
RE: atheism and theism themselves
(01-03-2014 05:07 PM)dreamwalker777 Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 04:57 PM)donotwant Wrote:  Hahaha. All right then now go ahead and make a topic where you explain why your version of christianity is the truth so we can defeat you.

oh I never agreed with myself that I am completely right, except when I do have doubts a few silent thinking moments are enough for me to find logic in my several contradicting belief

You have doubts in your christianity and see contradictions? What do you like about it so much if you're not even sure it's the truth and has contradictions in it?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2014, 05:09 PM
(01-03-2014 05:04 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 04:58 PM)dreamwalker777 Wrote:  yes a very good point indeed, but what would ensure your point of view about the world currently knowing about the beginning of the universe

Read A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking or Lawrence Krauss' A Universe From Nothing. Those 2 books probably do the best job of explaining astrophysics to a layman. As for how I double check I just try and stay current with the fields as much as I can. The internet is making it much easier to do so between lectures on Youtube from various professors from Harvard Cambridge etc and just being interested in such things. The youtube channel TedTalks is very good place to start.

As a side note throwing around IQ scores is not really that impressive on the net. Epeens being what they are you will always find someone with a bigger one.

so do you trust much of the info on the internet?
also the IQ was just an extra thing I throw sometimes at others, ike sheldon cooper does
01-03-2014, 05:11 PM
(01-03-2014 05:08 PM)donotwant Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 05:07 PM)dreamwalker777 Wrote:  oh I never agreed with myself that I am completely right, except when I do have doubts a few silent thinking moments are enough for me to find logic in my several contradicting belief

You have doubts in your christianity and see contradictions? What do you like about it so much if you're not even sure it's the truth and has contradictions in it?

as i already said, after i have doubts i find logic, and with logic my open minded argumenter comes knowledge which is what i love most in something
01-03-2014, 05:12 PM
(01-03-2014 05:09 PM)dreamwalker777 Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 05:04 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Read A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking or Lawrence Krauss' A Universe From Nothing. Those 2 books probably do the best job of explaining astrophysics to a layman. As for how I double check I just try and stay current with the fields as much as I can. The internet is making it much easier to do so between lectures on Youtube from various professors from Harvard Cambridge etc and just being interested in such things. The youtube channel TedTalks is very good place to start.

As a side note throwing around IQ scores is not really that impressive on the net. Epeens being what they are you will always find someone with a bigger one.

so do you trust much of the info on the internet?
also the IQ was just an extra thing I throw sometimes at others, ike sheldon cooper does

Not at face value but then knowing sources helps. I tend to put more weight in someone speaking with a Phd on a subject rather than a random blogger. This is why TedTalks are a good entry point they give you the credentials of the speaker and are usually pretty heavily fact checked.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
01-03-2014, 05:14 PM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2014 05:19 PM by dreamwalker777.)
(01-03-2014 05:12 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 05:09 PM)dreamwalker777 Wrote:  so do you trust much of the info on the internet?

Not at face value but then knowing sources helps. I tend to put more weight in someone speaking with a Phd on a subject rather than a random blogger. This is why TedTalks are a good entry point they give you the credentials of the speaker and are usually pretty heavily fact checked.

oh I am loving this debate, one of those 2 rivals I previously spoke about told me he argued with atheists online all the time, now I know why, also atheists have not turned out to be as unreasonable as I thought.
aside from that, from your point of view what have you found so far and changed your routinique actions according to your find? as an atheist i mean
01-03-2014, 05:18 PM
I am an agnostic atheist. I see no evidence for any gods. I see a lot of evidence against the gods of Christianity, Islam, and Judaism.

For those reasons, I believe it vastly more probable that those gods do not exist.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-03-2014, 05:19 PM
(01-03-2014 05:11 PM)dreamwalker777 Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 05:08 PM)donotwant Wrote:  You have doubts in your christianity and see contradictions? What do you like about it so much if you're not even sure it's the truth and has contradictions in it?

as i already said, after i have doubts i find logic, and with logic my open minded argumenter comes knowledge which is what i love most in something

Fine if you talk like a pussy I'm gonna be more straight forward.
Do you believe hell exists?
01-03-2014, 05:24 PM
(01-03-2014 05:18 PM)Chas Wrote:  I am an agnostic atheist. I see no evidence for any gods. I see a lot of evidence against the gods of Christianity, Islam, and Judaism.

For those reasons, I believe it vastly more probable that those gods do not exist.

so a third player comes, so far what have you agreed upon with yourself? what is the evidence you seek in gods existing
take this as a note to yourself, the three religions sited above all have one God, just different beliefs, thus the name "the three heavenly reigions"
01-03-2014, 05:26 PM
(01-03-2014 05:14 PM)dreamwalker777 Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 05:12 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Not at face value but then knowing sources helps. I tend to put more weight in someone speaking with a Phd on a subject rather than a random blogger. This is why TedTalks are a good entry point they give you the credentials of the speaker and are usually pretty heavily fact checked.

oh I am loving this debate, one of those 2 rivals I previously spoke about told me he argued with atheists online all the time, now I know why, also atheists have not turned out to be as unreasonable as I thought.
aside from that, from your point of view what have you found so far and changed your routinique actions according to your find? as an atheist i mean

Well I have never seen an argument for a god that didn't rely on a logical fallacy as of yet. If anything my search has shifted me from agnostic to closer to a gnostic atheist position. Really I find that what I learned in school was either barebones or if not wrong at the very least not fully correct when it comes to science like The Big Bang Theory and Evolution through natural selection.

As to online atheists it is a mixed bag some are condescending jerks some are open minded. Same can be said for theists or any other nominal group.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
01-03-2014, 05:30 PM
(01-03-2014 05:19 PM)donotwant Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 05:11 PM)dreamwalker777 Wrote:  as i already said, after i have doubts i find logic, and with logic my open minded argumenter comes knowledge which is what i love most in something

Fine if you talk like a pussy I'm gonna be more straight forward.
Do you believe hell exists?

hell as most people believe it, is a place of literal fire where disbelievers burn for eternity, wa ez the bible is almost never to be taken literally, for as i would like to belief, a teacher once said, hell is the mere absence of god, god here representing all that is good
also swear words are not necessary, for they do not have a point nor a purpose, and will not change the way your argument is presented