01-03-2014, 05:33 PM
RE: atheism and theism themselves
Can people in hell be happy?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2014, 05:34 PM
(01-03-2014 05:26 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 05:14 PM)dreamwalker777 Wrote:  oh I am loving this debate, one of those 2 rivals I previously spoke about told me he argued with atheists online all the time, now I know why, also atheists have not turned out to be as unreasonable as I thought.
aside from that, from your point of view what have you found so far and changed your routinique actions according to your find? as an atheist i mean

Well I have never seen an argument for a god that didn't rely on a logical fallacy as of yet. If anything my search has shifted me from agnostic to closer to a gnostic atheist position. Really I find that what I learned in school was either barebones or if not wrong at the very least not fully correct when it comes to science like The Big Bang Theory and Evolution through natural selection.

As to online atheists it is a mixed bag some are condescending jerks some are open minded. Same can be said for theists or any other nominal group.
what would you say about the american belief system taught at schools? for i have found according to some that they sort of force you to believe
01-03-2014, 05:35 PM
(01-03-2014 05:33 PM)donotwant Wrote:  Can people in hell be happy?

can you be happy without happiness?
for happiness is something good is it not?
01-03-2014, 05:36 PM
(01-03-2014 05:35 PM)dreamwalker777 Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 05:33 PM)donotwant Wrote:  Can people in hell be happy?

can you be happy without happiness?

So hell is eternal suffering without end? Is that correct?
01-03-2014, 05:36 PM
(01-03-2014 05:34 PM)dreamwalker777 Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 05:26 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Well I have never seen an argument for a god that didn't rely on a logical fallacy as of yet. If anything my search has shifted me from agnostic to closer to a gnostic atheist position. Really I find that what I learned in school was either barebones or if not wrong at the very least not fully correct when it comes to science like The Big Bang Theory and Evolution through natural selection.

As to online atheists it is a mixed bag some are condescending jerks some are open minded. Same can be said for theists or any other nominal group.
what would you say about the american belief system taught at schools? for i have found according to some that they sort of force you to believe

Going to need some context. I'm not sure what you are asking here.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
01-03-2014, 05:38 PM
(01-03-2014 05:36 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 05:34 PM)dreamwalker777 Wrote:  what would you say about the american belief system taught at schools? for i have found according to some that they sort of force you to believe

Going to need some context. I'm not sure what you are asking here.

what do you think about the way religion being taught at schools in america? i found it sort of forcing
01-03-2014, 05:40 PM
(01-03-2014 05:36 PM)donotwant Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 05:35 PM)dreamwalker777 Wrote:  can you be happy without happiness?

So hell is eternal suffering without end? Is that correct?

no indeed not ( and i don't know how you flipped the question to this one), we might already be living hell in our earthly lives, at death something changes, and that is what nobody knows happens
01-03-2014, 05:41 PM
(01-03-2014 05:38 PM)dreamwalker777 Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 05:36 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Going to need some context. I'm not sure what you are asking here.

what do you think about the way religion being taught at schools in america? i found it sort of forcing

It is not, unless you are going to a private school. I guess in some of the more backwards parts of the country they try and slip it in but the 1st amendment is pretty clear about the separation of church and state. I had several teachers who were theists and a few who I think were atheists to a degree but no one ever really talked about it.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
01-03-2014, 05:43 PM
(01-03-2014 05:41 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 05:38 PM)dreamwalker777 Wrote:  what do you think about the way religion being taught at schools in america? i found it sort of forcing

It is not, unless you are going to a private school. I guess in some of the more backwards parts of the country they try and slip it in but the 1st amendment is pretty clear about the separation of church and state. I had several teachers who were theists and a few who I think were atheists to a degree but no one ever really talked about it.
and what are sunday school, i would prefer to ask you than to see online
01-03-2014, 05:44 PM
(01-03-2014 05:43 PM)dreamwalker777 Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 05:41 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is not, unless you are going to a private school. I guess in some of the more backwards parts of the country they try and slip it in but the 1st amendment is pretty clear about the separation of church and state. I had several teachers who were theists and a few who I think were atheists to a degree but no one ever really talked about it.
and what are sunday school, i would prefer to ask you than to see online

That is what churches teach their younger members not what is taught in public education.