atheism and theism themselves

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-03-2014, 05:45 PM
RE: atheism and theism themselves
(01-03-2014 04:55 PM)dreamwalker777 Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 04:47 PM)donotwant Wrote:  You can start by presenting you.

so shall it be, i am a young christian open minded human who loves to defeat people, i'm sorry if that might be offensive but i just grew up being and feeling superior to my classmates, with an IQ of 160 and having only 2 rivals around me all the time, i can have an atheist as a friend as long as he doesn't care that religion separates friendship,i never thought that age ever mattered on the scale of the power of someone's mind, and finally i'm curious

Forgive me if I don't believe you instantly when you say you have an IQ of 160. I have to be called Teen 'Skeptic' for a reason, you know.

[Image: ezgif_save_1.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TSG's post
01-03-2014, 05:46 PM
(01-03-2014 05:44 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 05:43 PM)dreamwalker777 Wrote:  and what are sunday school, i would prefer to ask you than to see online

That is what churches teach their younger members not what is taught in public education.

thank you, now let us switch to something else
what is the illogical part about religion
say Christianity or Islam
01-03-2014, 05:46 PM
Give me a bit of background on yourself. Where are you from? You have said english is not your first language so then what is? Roughly how old are you? It will help us to have a productive conversation so I can tailor responses to you. How I would explain myself to a 15 year old is much different than how I would to a 20 year old.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
01-03-2014, 05:48 PM
(01-03-2014 05:45 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 04:55 PM)dreamwalker777 Wrote:  so shall it be, i am a young christian open minded human who loves to defeat people, i'm sorry if that might be offensive but i just grew up being and feeling superior to my classmates, with an IQ of 160 and having only 2 rivals around me all the time, i can have an atheist as a friend as long as he doesn't care that religion separates friendship,i never thought that age ever mattered on the scale of the power of someone's mind, and finally i'm curious

Forgive me if I don't believe you instantly when you say you have an IQ of 160. I have to be called Teen 'Skeptic' for a reason, you know.

yes no harm done but that does not import in this thread, now teen skeptic, what about you? beliefs? judgements? conclusions?
01-03-2014, 05:49 PM
(01-03-2014 05:46 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Give me a bit of background on yourself. Where are you from? You have said english is not your first language so then what is? Roughly how old are you? It will help us to have a productive conversation so I can tailor responses to you. How I would explain myself to a 15 year old is much different than how I would to a 20 year old.

well i am 14, people say i think like a 20 year old, and i don't look at all like my age
01-03-2014, 05:50 PM
(01-03-2014 05:49 PM)dreamwalker777 Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 05:46 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Give me a bit of background on yourself. Where are you from? You have said english is not your first language so then what is? Roughly how old are you? It will help us to have a productive conversation so I can tailor responses to you. How I would explain myself to a 15 year old is much different than how I would to a 20 year old.

well i am 14, people say i think like a 20 year old, and i don't look at all like my age
01-03-2014, 05:58 PM
(01-03-2014 05:46 PM)dreamwalker777 Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 05:44 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  That is what churches teach their younger members not what is taught in public education.

thank you, now let us switch to something else

I am more versed in Christianity than Islam but since both share nearly the same Origin stories that is a good place to start. The video I linked earlier in the thread and the subsequent videos in the series show how, through archeology, we know that the first 5 books of the Old Testament are purely mythology. No garden of eden no great flood no Abraham and thus no Isaac or Ishmael and since the Jews and then the Christians base their history off of Isaac and the Muslims base theirs off Ishmael that throws a major monkey wrench in the works.

Also there is a fundamental problem with christianity and the Garden of Eden being just a Parable. If there was no Garden and no fall of man (protip there wasn't) then what was Jesus sent to be a scapegoat for? Leaving aside the fact that the new testament is even more of a mess than the old.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
01-03-2014, 06:01 PM
(01-03-2014 05:48 PM)dreamwalker777 Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 05:45 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  Forgive me if I don't believe you instantly when you say you have an IQ of 160. I have to be called Teen 'Skeptic' for a reason, you know.

yes no harm done but that does not import in this thread, now teen skeptic, what about you? beliefs? judgements? conclusions?

Beliefs? Well, I am an agnostic atheist. When I say agnostic, I mean for all gods collectively. Certain individual gods: I am certain that they don't exist. Among them being the Jewish-Christian-Islamic God. I don't think that we should force people to give up religion instantly, but I think it needs to be a gradual process -- not unlike kicking a habit. I HATE being preached to.

Judgments? I try not to judge people when I'm being serious because I know I certainly wouldn't want to be judged.

Conclusions? I'm not sure what you mean by conclusions.

[Image: ezgif_save_1.gif]
01-03-2014, 06:04 PM
(01-03-2014 05:58 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 05:46 PM)dreamwalker777 Wrote:  thank you, now let us switch to something else

I am more versed in Christianity than Islam but since both share nearly the same Origin stories that is a good place to start. The video I linked earlier in the thread and the subsequent videos in the series show how, through archeology, we know that the first 5 books of the Old Testament are purely mythology. No garden of eden no great flood no Abraham and thus no Isaac or Ishmael and since the Jews and then the Christians base their history off of Isaac and the Muslims base theirs off Ishmael that throws a major monkey wrench in the works.

Also there is a fundamental problem with christianity and the Garden of Eden being just a Parable. If there was no Garden and no fall of man (protip there wasn't) then what was Jesus sent to be a scapegoat for? Leaving aside the fact that the new testament is even more of a mess than the old.
aha there it is, one of the most powerful points of atheism
and this power's weak point keeps being forgotten, for as i said before, the bible is almost never to be taken literally,for all you could know, eden might be another dimension,the people of the old testament might have been to their people what einstein, hawking and Da Vinci are for us
01-03-2014, 06:07 PM
(01-03-2014 06:01 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 05:48 PM)dreamwalker777 Wrote:  yes no harm done but that does not import in this thread, now teen skeptic, what about you? beliefs? judgements? conclusions?

Beliefs? Well, I am an agnostic atheist. When I say agnostic, I mean for all gods collectively. Certain individual gods: I am certain that they don't exist. Among them being the Jewish-Christian-Islamic God. I don't think that we should force people to give up religion instantly, but I think it needs to be a gradual process -- not unlike kicking a habit. I HATE being preached to.

Judgments? I try not to judge people when I'm being serious because I know I certainly wouldn't want to be judged.

Conclusions? I'm not sure what you mean by conclusions.

judgements and concusion about religions and such
and the last thing in christianity you want to do is force someone to do something, freedom, yes freedom is an essence of this religion.
as for the other religions i don't know much about them