atheism and theism themselves

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-03-2014, 06:09 PM
RE: atheism and theism themselves
(01-03-2014 06:04 PM)dreamwalker777 Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 05:58 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I am more versed in Christianity than Islam but since both share nearly the same Origin stories that is a good place to start. The video I linked earlier in the thread and the subsequent videos in the series show how, through archeology, we know that the first 5 books of the Old Testament are purely mythology. No garden of eden no great flood no Abraham and thus no Isaac or Ishmael and since the Jews and then the Christians base their history off of Isaac and the Muslims base theirs off Ishmael that throws a major monkey wrench in the works.

Also there is a fundamental problem with christianity and the Garden of Eden being just a Parable. If there was no Garden and no fall of man (protip there wasn't) then what was Jesus sent to be a scapegoat for? Leaving aside the fact that the new testament is even more of a mess than the old.
aha there it is, one of the most powerful points of atheism
and this power's weak point keeps being forgotten, for as i said before, the bible is almost never to be taken literally,for all you could know, eden might be another dimension,the people of the old testament might have been to their people what einstein, hawking and Da Vinci are for us

No you see christianity is based on the Paulian concept of the Martyr God. You see christianity is not based around Jesus of Nazareth who of course never existed as told (read Dr Richard Carrier for more depth on actual biblical history) but rather it is based around the Greek mystery Cult set up by Paul of Tarsus. Almost half of the new testament is works either written by Paul or in his style (pseudo-paul) once you remove the fall then you remove the need for a blood sacrifice. Not that the blood sacrifice makes any logical sense when you propose a Omnimax god.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2014, 06:10 PM
(01-03-2014 06:07 PM)dreamwalker777 Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 06:01 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  Beliefs? Well, I am an agnostic atheist. When I say agnostic, I mean for all gods collectively. Certain individual gods: I am certain that they don't exist. Among them being the Jewish-Christian-Islamic God. I don't think that we should force people to give up religion instantly, but I think it needs to be a gradual process -- not unlike kicking a habit. I HATE being preached to.

Judgments? I try not to judge people when I'm being serious because I know I certainly wouldn't want to be judged.

Conclusions? I'm not sure what you mean by conclusions.

judgements and concusion about religions and such
and the last thing in christianity you want to do is force someone to do something, freedom, yes freedom is an essence of this religion.
as for the other religions i don't know much about them

If you don't know much about other religions how can you be sure your's is the correct one? Drinking Beverage

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
01-03-2014, 06:13 PM
(01-03-2014 06:09 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 06:04 PM)dreamwalker777 Wrote:  aha there it is, one of the most powerful points of atheism
and this power's weak point keeps being forgotten, for as i said before, the bible is almost never to be taken literally,for all you could know, eden might be another dimension,the people of the old testament might have been to their people what einstein, hawking and Da Vinci are for us

No you see christianity is based on the Paulian concept of the Martyr God. You see christianity is not based around Jesus of Nazareth who of course never existed as told (read Dr Richard Carrier for more depth on actual biblical history) but rather it is based around the Greek mystery Cult set up by Paul of Tarsus. Almost half of the new testament is works either written by Paul or in his style (pseudo-paul) once you remove the fall then you remove the need for a blood sacrifice. Not that the blood sacrifice makes any logical sense when you propose a Omnimax god.

yes i'm sure Dr Richard is another genius for an advanced university or some thing like that, but as for you have you looked for yourself and deeply thought about it? considered the option Jesus existed? what would a universe with/without god( for the three religions)/gods be?
01-03-2014, 06:15 PM
(01-03-2014 06:10 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 06:07 PM)dreamwalker777 Wrote:  judgements and concusion about religions and such
and the last thing in christianity you want to do is force someone to do something, freedom, yes freedom is an essence of this religion.
as for the other religions i don't know much about them

If you don't know much about other religions how can you be sure your's is the correct one? Drinking Beverage
well i liked it and buddhism the most, buddhism being sort of essential to my training in martial arts,but i never said i don't know their basic beliefs
01-03-2014, 06:17 PM
(01-03-2014 06:13 PM)dreamwalker777 Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 06:09 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  No you see christianity is based on the Paulian concept of the Martyr God. You see christianity is not based around Jesus of Nazareth who of course never existed as told (read Dr Richard Carrier for more depth on actual biblical history) but rather it is based around the Greek mystery Cult set up by Paul of Tarsus. Almost half of the new testament is works either written by Paul or in his style (pseudo-paul) once you remove the fall then you remove the need for a blood sacrifice. Not that the blood sacrifice makes any logical sense when you propose a Omnimax god.

yes i'm sure Dr Richard is another genius for an advanced university or some thing like that, but as for you have you looked for yourself and deeply thought about it? considered the option Jesus existed? what would a universe with/without god( for the three religions)/gods be?

Kid you're not as smart as you think you are. I am not speaking about hypotheticals I am talking about actual history and the formation of the christian religion. As for me I figured out christianity was a crock at 13 far too many plot holes and the various contradictions in between the books add up to an untrustworthy source.

[Image: biblecontradictions-reasonproject.png]

That is all the contradictions in the Bible. Pick any one and we can discuss how it makes the religion impossible.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
01-03-2014, 06:21 PM
Here is a text version of that picture, it is a little easier to navigate.

http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

01-03-2014, 06:22 PM
the bible is more poetry my dear man more poetry than facts and statements, more symbols to real life, more examples than actual things, it is mostly a lesson to humanity, only around 1% literal, almost never to be taken as something that actually happened
01-03-2014, 06:23 PM
well it's getting late and i have much to do tomorrow, shall we continue this in around 14 hours? when the gmt +2 clock hits 5:00 p.m.? we shall see later tomorrow, sayonara!
01-03-2014, 06:26 PM
(01-03-2014 06:22 PM)dreamwalker777 Wrote:  the bible is more poetry my dear man more poetry than facts and statements, more symbols to real life, more examples than actual things, it is mostly a lesson to humanity, only around 1% literal, almost never to be taken as something that actually happened

No, it isn't. It is a mythological history of a group of bigoted racist desert dwelling sheepherders who were subjected to invasion and conquest throughout their history because of their occupying a place on a major strategic trade route between Assyria and Egypt. Now if you are saying that 99% of it never happened you are pretty close to correct. You are also a heretic in any of the thousands of branches of christianity.

01-03-2014, 06:34 PM
(01-03-2014 06:22 PM)dreamwalker777 Wrote:  the bible is more poetry my dear man more poetry than facts and statements, more symbols to real life, more examples than actual things, it is mostly a lesson to humanity, only around 1% literal, almost never to be taken as something that actually happened

Well you just said that you believe in hell.
So is hell eternal suffering without end?