atheism and theism themselves

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-03-2014, 08:38 PM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2014 08:42 PM by Taqiyya Mockingbird.)
RE: atheism and theism themselves
(01-03-2014 04:55 PM)dreamwalker777 Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 04:47 PM)donotwant Wrote:  You can start by presenting you.

so shall it be, i am a young christian open minded human who loves to defeat people,

And just how is this "open-minded"? I am not sure you even know what that means.

Quote: i'm sorry if that might be offensive but i just grew up being and feeling superior to my classmates, with an IQ of 160 and having only 2 rivals around me all the time,

Oh, wow, and a braggart as well. I'll let you in on a secret -- there are several here in this forum with equally high IQs who are smart enough to not try to impress anyone by touting their IQs.

Quote: i

One would think that a person with a measured IQ of 160 would know to begin a sentence by capitalizing the first letter. Additionally, one would also not be wrong of unfair to assume that a person with an IQ of 160 would know to capitalize the personal pronoun "I". As far as your efforts to show people in this forum how smart you think you are, I am afraid I remain quite unconvinced.

Quote:can have an atheist as a friend as long as he doesn't care that religion separates friendship

That doesn't even make sense. Are you *really sure* about this IQ business...? Really...?

Quote:,i never thought that age ever mattered on the scale of the power of someone's mind, and finally i'm curious

Um, I might have overlooked a single failure to capitalize "I" once as a typo. However, you are now sitting at three strikes. And I didn't even mention your horrific grammar. Until now, that is....

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
01-03-2014, 08:38 PM
(01-03-2014 08:34 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 08:28 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Yup

Hoots Man!!

It has it's ups and downs. Like anything else really.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
01-03-2014, 08:41 PM
(01-03-2014 07:18 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  If it is anything like 185 it is kind of lonely. Most people can't relate to you.

I am not sure we will be able to relate to our new OP, but not for the same reasons....Hobo

01-03-2014, 08:45 PM
(01-03-2014 04:55 PM)dreamwalker777 Wrote:  ... i am a young christian...

...so, how does a person with a (supposedly) 160 IQ come to believe in fairy tales anyway?

And, for your own protection, what is your actual age?

[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
01-03-2014, 08:48 PM
(01-03-2014 08:38 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 08:34 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  Hoots Man!!

It has it's ups and downs. Like anything else really.

LOL cue MIB3, Griffin the Arcanian 5th-dimensional unicorn saying, "It's a gigantic pain in the ass."

01-03-2014, 08:48 PM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2014 09:40 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(01-03-2014 05:24 PM)dreamwalker777 Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 05:18 PM)Chas Wrote:  I am an agnostic atheist. I see no evidence for any gods. I see a lot of evidence against the gods of Christianity, Islam, and Judaism.

For those reasons, I believe it vastly more probable that those gods do not exist.

so a third player comes, so far what have you agreed upon with yourself? what is the evidence you seek in gods existing
take this as a note to yourself, the three religions sited above all have one God, just different beliefs, thus the name "the three heavenly reigions"

Actually they claim to be monotheistic. On study that turns out to be completely false.

1. The Hebrew deity (the war god Yaweh Sabaoth), originated as the 70th son of the Babylonian chief god, (El Elyon), The Hebrews believed in many gods, but agreed, as a contract for protection services, (the "covenant"), to only worship one. It's called monolaterist polytheism.
2. Allah originated as the god Sin, from the Arabic pantheon, who had 3 divine daughters, (as referenced in the Satanic Verses). When Islam was cooked up, eventually they required monotheism, under many different deity names.
3. The Christian deity was originally Yahweh also, until the early Church Fathers cooked up the Trinity, and turned Jebus into a deity, (as was customary at that time).

They are all very different systems, and actually share very little.

Christianity is self-refuting, as it contradicts many essential Hebrew concepts, (ie there is no concept of "salvation" in Judaism), and it conflicts completely with the concept they had of evil. They had no notion of immortality, as the Hebrews didn't, until apocalypticism became popular late in their history, (even St. Paul didn't believe in it), and "original sin" would be as laughable to them, as it is to us.

Swearing is useful for emphasis, occasionally.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
01-03-2014, 11:13 PM
(01-03-2014 08:28 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 08:27 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  Yeah, I kind of figured it would be. Is that your IQ Revenant? 185?

Yup

Oh! I thought you were smarter than that!

(01-03-2014 04:55 PM)dreamwalker777 Wrote:  ...
i never thought that age ever mattered on the scale of the power of someone's mind,

I can testify (sample size = 1) that this is incorrect. At my current deterioration rate, I calculate that when I'm around 150, my mind will be completely powerless.

But the 'cohort effect' is a stronger factor. That's why on TTA, it's better to stick to threads where Taqqy isn't scatter-posting.

Smartass --> Hobo

02-03-2014, 02:26 AM
(01-03-2014 06:26 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 06:22 PM)dreamwalker777 Wrote:  the bible is more poetry my dear man more poetry than facts and statements, more symbols to real life, more examples than actual things, it is mostly a lesson to humanity, only around 1% literal, almost never to be taken as something that actually happened

No, it isn't. It is a mythological history of a group of bigoted racist desert dwelling sheepherders who were subjected to invasion and conquest throughout their history because of their occupying a place on a major strategic trade route between Assyria and Egypt. Now if you are saying that 99% of it never happened you are pretty close to correct. You are also a heretic in any of the thousands of branches of christianity.
and here people is how you make someone angry, even if he doesn't admit it, i know he actually is, connaissance et manipulation, huehuehuehue,
now why would you say they are racist?
i shall ask about the other ideas later
02-03-2014, 02:33 AM
(01-03-2014 08:29 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 04:36 PM)dreamwalker777 Wrote:  that does not matter at all my sophisticated repliers, i for one would like to pass to the thread, i'm just curious at people's reasons for becoming/being atheists

Why is that? You were born an atheist and regarding, say, ancient Greek or roman mythology, or perhaps Hinduism or Buddhism, you might be an "atheist yourself.
Quote:,and at some points I would like to argue,

Why would you want to argue? Can't we all just get along?

Quote: what do you say we start, or shall i remove the entire thread

If you are just here to "argue" -- troll, actually, you might as well save yourself a whole lot of wasted time and leave now. Just saying.

by argue, i certainly mean posting my own concepts, conclusions and ideas
one of us might have the wrong idea of atheist,if anyone believes in anything at all he would be theist, gnostic or agnostic,when no belief is present at all, he would be an atheist
also, knowing those posts would be eventually written, i here seek knowledge, for if you know your rival you know yourself
02-03-2014, 02:42 AM
(01-03-2014 08:45 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 04:55 PM)dreamwalker777 Wrote:  ... i am a young christian...

...so, how does a person with a (supposedly) 160 IQ come to believe in fairy tales anyway?

And, for your own protection, what is your actual age?

my father used to take me visit a related family, and they are so sophisticated, so knowledgeable, yes yes, also full of all positive attributes, they are better than my own family in everything, than most families for that fact, as i spent more and more time with them i found actual logic in some religions
also as i said , i am a 14 year old