atheism and theism themselves

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-03-2014, 02:44 AM
RE: atheism and theism themselves
(01-03-2014 11:13 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 08:28 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Yup

Oh! I thought you were smarter than that!

(01-03-2014 04:55 PM)dreamwalker777 Wrote:  ...
i never thought that age ever mattered on the scale of the power of someone's mind,

I can testify (sample size = 1) that this is incorrect. At my current deterioration rate, I calculate that when I'm around 150, my mind will be completely powerless.

But the 'cohort effect' is a stronger factor. That's why on TTA, it's better to stick to threads where Taqqy isn't scatter-posting.

Smartass --> Hobo
yes bu t i am certainly much younger than 150, 136 years younger
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2014, 02:47 AM
(01-03-2014 06:34 PM)donotwant Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 06:22 PM)dreamwalker777 Wrote:  the bible is more poetry my dear man more poetry than facts and statements, more symbols to real life, more examples than actual things, it is mostly a lesson to humanity, only around 1% literal, almost never to be taken as something that actually happened

Well you just said that you believe in hell.
So is hell eternal suffering without end?

now what point is missed in your view that hell is the mere absence of haven maybe, just as evil is the absence of good, as professor Einstein put it
02-03-2014, 03:01 AM
(01-03-2014 07:04 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 03:49 PM)dreamwalker777 Wrote:  Hear ye!Hear ye, thou hast come unto thy to defeat atheists and theists alike,so i will tell you one thing:one asks as the other will answer,so this thread is about why you are an atheist which is why you good sir/madam will have to consider yourself an excellent man/woman of argument trying to convince the very elite in this so called debate.

Hello Dreamwalker. I came to my atheism after a rational and honest look at the best available evidence and the best arguments for the existence of God that have been presented. Every argument so far has been refuted or shown to be incomplete and they all require a person to suspend logic and critical thinking and rest on a willingness to accept glaring fallacies. All the evidence I have ever been shown is only evidence if you assume that there is a God. I am willing to admit that I could be wrong in not believing. There could be evidence that I haven't seen or a valid argument that I haven't seen.

As for what evidence would convince me that there is a god, if it did any of the things it is purported to be able to do under laboratory conditions and in such a way that it could be verified, then I would believe. If God came down and appeared before me and spoke to me and also left behind some physical evidence, then I would believe.

Are you, as a believer, willing to admit that your belief in God could be wrong? Is there any evidence that would convince you that God doesn't exist or at least would cause you to doubt?

On a side note, what's it like having an IQ of 160?

if i am completely convinced of the idea that god doesn't exist then what typical person would still believe
as for evidence, some would blame god for not stopping human wars, yet the romans always said "if you want peace prepare for war". Now, without the two world wars would we have had the united nations coming into existence and trying to solve world problems? mistakes are what humans learn from my wondering man not being always right.
as for having 160 IQ points, it is completely and utterly terrible on your first years of life, in my country i was suicidal most of the time at first, being so lonely and rejected by everyone, but as i approached 10, i came to realize that the fault lied not with me, but with them, with the people making me feel defeated, and here starts the awesomeness, here starts real life where you feel that the world is entirely at your feet, that you can destroy every obstacle that comes on you, now i'm sure that if revenant77X was not lying about his IQ he did in fact experience the same thing with his childhood, even appearing to be an older person than i am, he would remember almost every detail
02-03-2014, 03:13 AM
(01-03-2014 08:38 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 04:55 PM)dreamwalker777 Wrote:  so shall it be, i am a young christian open minded human who loves to defeat people,

And just how is this "open-minded"? I am not sure you even know what that means.

Quote: i'm sorry if that might be offensive but i just grew up being and feeling superior to my classmates, with an IQ of 160 and having only 2 rivals around me all the time,

Oh, wow, and a braggart as well. I'll let you in on a secret -- there are several here in this forum with equally high IQs who are smart enough to not try to impress anyone by touting their IQs.

Quote: i

One would think that a person with a measured IQ of 160 would know to begin a sentence by capitalizing the first letter. Additionally, one would also not be wrong of unfair to assume that a person with an IQ of 160 would know to capitalize the personal pronoun "I". As far as your efforts to show people in this forum how smart you think you are, I am afraid I remain quite unconvinced.

Quote:can have an atheist as a friend as long as he doesn't care that religion separates friendship

That doesn't even make sense. Are you *really sure* about this IQ business...? Really...?

Quote:,i never thought that age ever mattered on the scale of the power of someone's mind, and finally i'm curious

Um, I might have overlooked a single failure to capitalize "I" once as a typo. However, you are now sitting at three strikes. And I didn't even mention your horrific grammar. Until now, that is....

details, all typically unimportant details is what these are at most, this people is what others would call a grammar nazi, such simple things never mattered on a scale of what's important, never ever mattered, i do not care if capitalized or not, as long as one comes to understand the meaning, such detail never was of importance
02-03-2014, 04:14 AM
I'm bored with this one already.

Enjoy yourselves, folks... but don't be too hard on him... exuberance of youth and all that.

02-03-2014, 04:18 AM
(02-03-2014 02:33 AM)dreamwalker777 Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 08:29 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Why is that? You were born an atheist and regarding, say, ancient Greek or roman mythology, or perhaps Hinduism or Buddhism, you might be an "atheist yourself.

Why would you want to argue? Can't we all just get along?

If you are just here to "argue" -- troll, actually, you might as well save yourself a whole lot of wasted time and leave now. Just saying.

by argue, i certainly mean posting my own concepts, conclusions and ideas
one of us might have the wrong idea of atheist,if anyone believes in anything at all he would be theist, gnostic or agnostic,when no belief is present at all, he would be an atheist
also, knowing those posts would be eventually written, i here seek knowledge, for if you know your rival you know yourself

Are you even capable of completing a coherent sentence?

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
02-03-2014, 04:21 AM
(02-03-2014 02:42 AM)dreamwalker777 Wrote:  also as i said , i am a 14 year old

Yeah.

You need to leave this forum. You are in over your head.

[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
02-03-2014, 04:31 AM
(01-03-2014 05:46 PM)dreamwalker777 Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 05:44 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  That is what churches teach their younger members not what is taught in public education.

thank you, now let us switch to something else
what is the illogical part about religion
say Christianity or Islam

The part about magic sky fairies. It's kind of a biggie. Even for someone who *claims* to have an IQ of 160.

...but can't fucking spell or grasp even simple grammar....

02-03-2014, 04:34 AM
(01-03-2014 05:49 PM)dreamwalker777 Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 05:46 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Give me a bit of background on yourself. Where are you from? You have said english is not your first language so then what is? Roughly how old are you? It will help us to have a productive conversation so I can tailor responses to you. How I would explain myself to a 15 year old is much different than how I would to a 20 year old.

well i am 14, people say i think like a 20 year old, and i don't look at all like my age

"People" are apparently humoring you.

02-03-2014, 06:14 AM
(02-03-2014 02:47 AM)dreamwalker777 Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 06:34 PM)donotwant Wrote:  Well you just said that you believe in hell.
So is hell eternal suffering without end?

now what point is missed in your view that hell is the mere absence of haven maybe, just as evil is the absence of good, as professor Einstein put it

First of all professor Einstein never said it it's a LIE.

As for hell. If I die and go to hell am I going to suffer forever? Yes or No.