atheism for me

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-06-2013, 03:52 AM
atheism for me
Not too concerned about arguing whether or not god exists, more concerned once you lose your faith how to use this knowledge to increasing my freedom, and other values I hold dear- nature, consciousness, community (as opposed to dehumanizing networks and vampire networks- thanks Gatto), sustainability, Truth.. the atheist daily walk towards greater degrees of freedom

I'm not so concerned about various truths- "the Nile is the longest river in the world" as much as the Truth which sets one free, which helps one to laugh, cry, feel again. Am I alone? Am I the only one who feels so little each day but wants to feel a lot? Human touch, real human conversation, human trust? maybe you are not blocked or hindered the way I am. Reading Hitchens is always inspiring, other works enhance understanding and freedom- once you peer under the surface of the education system, health care system, legal system, government system, financial system, religious system, dating system..

How do you do atheism? I bet you'll say you just don't do anything. Ok well then how do you create a life from nothing? Atheism is a big one because if there is no god, all is permitted, nobody is watching, you are free, and there is also no one you can ultimately depend on but yourself and your libido. Funny Casanova said he believed in Christ and God.. so he wasn't too affected by religious morality, as some atheists are!! Which is why it's something some people must work for if they are not content. Not "searching" so much as, well ok searching but also fighting and working and waiting.. for freedom, and listening to the voice of nature, or conscience.. but with no god no one to rely on, no one to fear either or obey.. it's all in the imagination, that most abused of human faculties.. this is my story.. you have your stories, you can share if you feel so interested.. maybe you are not as "lost" as I am, even though by every single outward appearance I seem adapted and even successful. The God illusion is just the last but most significant piece to fall away, for me to abandon.. I started to realize attending churches and courting christian women that church is inherently feminine.. the songs they sing, the images of christ as girlie man these days.. or emotionless. even the author No More Christian Nice Guy agrees.. so I realized in this aspect churchianity installed in me a formula for failure and inauthenticity. Then I really discovered my identity hidden from me, my indo-european roots, and in bible dictionaries learned the hittites and philistines, the enemies of israel, were such.. and I discovered contraditions and falsehoods in the scriptures.. which I always knew existed but denied.. and enough was enough.. and now I realize what religion does is offer promise after promise-- "bind the broken hearted, bring sight to the blind, every tear wiped away". well that will be true whether we believe it or not because the bible offers universal salvation.. there's no need to hope patiently and meekly.. and our view of god is just ourselves talking to ourselves.. maybe there is some universal intelligence but few are really connected to it like they think they are.. their egos get in the way.. leaving religion I did not fall into a void, I opened up a way to rise in consciousness.. not rejecting any mystery.. if I die and that's it, life was a gift.. if consciousness survives, all the better.. just try and let anyone hoodwink me, control me.. saddest thing is to see those you love lose their health when you know better, or lose their freedom when you know better.. or lose their money when you know better, but that is life.. moral of the story is the unconscious are always losers.. the conscious are always winners..to the degree possible..embrace life when you can. be fertile not sterile, be strong not weak or meek, trust in what you can, don't be content with borrowed beliefs, creeds taken on credit.. create community and consciousness and rid your life of any draining, parasitical or foreign alien influences.. if I have learned anything this year it's to get rid of alien ideologies and presences from one's life and community.. and that knowledge is more important than imagination.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-06-2013, 04:41 AM
RE: atheism for me
what ever

(28-06-2013 03:52 AM)viking Wrote:  Atheism is a big one because if there is no god, all is permitted, nobody is watching, you are free, and there is also no one you can ultimately depend on but yourself and your libido.

Throw out statements like that, expect to get flamed. Contingency, motherfucker, contingency!

and!

I love my Gwynnies! Heart

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-06-2013, 05:27 AM
You are a strange little man aren't you?

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
28-06-2013, 05:31 AM
He needs a psychiatrist

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
28-06-2013, 05:33 AM
Needs to have balls chopped off...

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
28-06-2013, 06:21 AM
Quote: if I have learned anything this year it's to get rid of alien ideologies and presences from one's life and community..

Death to the Little Green Men! Big Grin

E.T. go home.
28-06-2013, 06:33 AM
I think you sorely need to masturbate and release a whole ton of tension. Seriously! Exclamation

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
28-06-2013, 06:35 AM
(28-06-2013 05:33 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Needs to have balls chopped off...

the chopping of the balls
not lightly undertaken
yet with the plan
of this little man
the rules can be forsaken
when the screaming fills the halls
and you wish you would awaken
not a dream
your final scream
tells you your solipsism was mistaken

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
28-06-2013, 07:06 AM
(28-06-2013 03:52 AM)viking Wrote:  Human touch, real human conversation, human trust?

There. I think you answered your own question.

As for "if there is no god all is permitted" then you might want to remember that we have a system of secular civil and criminal laws that would throw you in the slammer with guys like Bubba saying things like "you have a pretty mouth".

[attachment=1461]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
28-06-2013, 07:25 AM
With or without a god - We as human beings are ultimately free to do as we will.
We have the conscious comprehension of the consequences of our actions.
We are able to understand that our actions affect others.

We self regulate our actions because we have empathy and lacking that, we have laws.
Your wish to find freedom is in your own hands.
Your happiness is in your own hands.

You are free to do as you will.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post