atheist or agnostic

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-07-2013, 07:34 AM
RE: atheist or agnostic
Yay, necroposts!

... How is it that people find these old threads?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2013, 09:13 AM
(03-07-2013 06:57 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  What is with the necroposting of the intro threads? Angry

Damnit! In an effort not to upset those who can remember every past topic and are offended by seeing anything slightly similar, I have upset those who are offended by seeing dates older than a few months. I'm not off to a very good start. I will try to be more careful, about peoples' delicate sensitivities, in the future.
03-07-2013, 09:15 AM
(03-07-2013 09:13 AM)3DJ Wrote:  
(03-07-2013 06:57 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  What is with the necroposting of the intro threads? Angry

Damnit! In an effort not to upset those who can remember every past topic and are offended by seeing anything slightly similar, I have upset those who are offended by seeing dates older than a few months. I'm not off to a very good start. I will try to be more careful, about peoples' delicate sensitivities, in the future.

It is better to begin a new thread than to post in one older than say 6 months. The majority of people who had posted in a thread this old are most likely no longer around anyway. But welcome to the forum anyways Smile

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
03-07-2013, 09:21 AM
(03-07-2013 09:15 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(03-07-2013 09:13 AM)3DJ Wrote:  Damnit! In an effort not to upset those who can remember every past topic and are offended by seeing anything slightly similar, I have upset those who are offended by seeing dates older than a few months. I'm not off to a very good start. I will try to be more careful, about peoples' delicate sensitivities, in the future.

It is better to begin a new thread than to post in one older than say 6 months. The majority of people who had posted in a thread this old are most likely no longer around anyway. But welcome to the forum anyways Smile

Hehe, thanks. Nice signature. DA is my favourite philosopher. Smile
03-07-2013, 10:11 AM
(03-07-2013 09:13 AM)3DJ Wrote:  

Yeah, man. Trigger warnings. Dodgy

Don't mind me. I expected a drive-by, thus the snark. And!
Quote:[ ] YES! EXACTLY! Couldn’t have said it better myself!

[ ] Pretty good, although not your best.

[ ] Not as bad as your usual garbage.

[ ] Meh. Whatever.

[ ] Didn’t get much sleep last night, huh?

[ ] You have clearly lost your mind.

[ ] I fart in your general direction.

[ ] Troll! Troll! Troll!

[ ] Use a spell checker, dammit!

[x] Needs more Gwynnies.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
05-07-2013, 11:24 PM
(03-07-2013 10:11 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Yeah, man. Trigger warnings. Dodgy

Don't mind me. I expected a drive-by, thus the snark. And!
Quote:[ ] YES! EXACTLY! Couldn’t have said it better myself!

[ ] Pretty good, although not your best.

[ ] Meh. Whatever.

[ ] You have clearly lost your mind.

[ ] I fart in your general direction.

[ ] Troll! Troll! Troll!

[x] Needs more Gwynnies.

[ ] YES! EXACTLY! Couldn’t have said it better myself!

[ X ] Pretty good, although not your best.

[ X ] Meh. Whatever.

[ X ] You have clearly lost your mind.

[ X ] I fart in your general direction.

[ ] Troll! Troll! Troll!

[ ] Needs more Gwynnies.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
06-07-2013, 07:27 AM
to me, agnostic is the conscious position that respect creations powers of else over existence realities and life

so in a way the agnostic type has no real ambition in being n prefer to stay out

atheist, is the conscious position against god, knowing how any power over existence would end at one hand which would represent for everything and everyone else pur evil present life

that is why true atheists are the ones that hate centralisation of powers and seek to live in a discreet way where relativism is protected so initiatives and innovations would always b seen as a possible way free
25-07-2013, 05:15 PM
I know there is no sky daddy but I cant say with such conviction that there is no giant alien using the human race as their masters thesis
25-07-2013, 05:50 PM
OMG

2 separate necros on 2 different dates? Really?

C'mon people...

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
29-07-2013, 09:55 AM
(10-12-2012 08:37 AM)johnnycee Wrote:  I'm a bit hung up on terminology here. I've always considered myself to be agnostic, which I understand to mean " I don't know if there is a "higher power" and I don't know how anyone could know", while an atheist is sure there is no god. I tell people I have an open mind, which is to say, bring me some proof and evidence and not talking snakes and 600 year old boat builders.
I admire your need for proof. I am also an admirer of Bertrand Russell. Consider
the following points:
Michael Sherman from the Skeptics Society stated that if God did not require being created, logic dictates that the Universe also did not require a Creation. That is not necessarily true. The Universe is a physical and materiel place composed of Matter, Energy and Gravity - all of which require being created. A Supreme Consciousness is not physical and does not require creation. In fact, if you are a follower of the Copenhagen (Niels Bohr) interpretation of Quantum Mechanics - It is Consciousness that creates Matter. Lawrence Krauss has stated in 'Scientific American' magazine that Nothing (no space, no time, no gravity) is unstable. And that like all unstable systems 'Nothing' will collapse and become 'something'. Thus the Universe, according to Krauss, did not require a Creator. My only question is: In a nothingness with no time - how long did it take until the unstableness of 'Nothing' collapsed and became 'something' or as we think of it - 'The Big Bang'. I suppose you can believe this or not believe it depending on how strong your faith in Atheism is[/size][/font]. Why do people experiencing an NDE only meet Relatives who have passed on and not living Relatives. Apparently the Mind is capable of projecting a false image of a dead Relative but it cannot project a false image of a living Relative. In experiments conducted by Dean Radin an Experimenter held pics behind a wall 50% of the time. Subjects guessed correctly 50% of the time as to wether the Experimenter was holding a pic. What you would get from random chance. However when the pics were sexually erotic pics, subjects guessed correctly between 52 to 53% of the time - a statistically significant difference. And yes, these experiments were repeatable. As to the often asked question - Who created God ? The answer given by most Philosopher Theists is: 'God exists by necessity of his own nature'.