atheist plus prayer=o.0

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-05-2015, 08:06 PM
atheist plus prayer=o.0
I know... the subject of this sounds weird butttt.. it's an actual thing.. I've heard of atheist who pray.. mostly I think they are secular Satanist but could you do it. I mean talk to someone you know is not their.... I know I do but then again.. I'm scitzo-affective..... I tried to do it.. I tried praying to both joe peshie and ghetto kitty level 99. and I found it awkward... {of coerce I did it for science...but oh well.. what are your thoughts on this... weirdness......

p.s. no I don't have the source but it was a subject on the thinking atheist pod cast I think.. lol......

p.p.s. when a scitzo-affectivre person can't talk to the voices you ttalk too.. maybe you got some talent in seventh level weird or something.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kunoxian drive's post
26-05-2015, 08:26 PM
RE: atheist plus prayer=o.0
I couldn't pray to anything, but I do talk to myself and I'm not all there.
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
26-05-2015, 08:26 PM (This post was last modified: 26-05-2015 08:51 PM by smileXsmileXsmile.)
atheist plus prayer=o.0
*edit
Correct me if I'm wrong but don't the terms secular and satanism contradict each other. Satanism is a religion and secular means not having to do with a religion.

As far as praying, I always thought of it as a strictly religious term, but I just googled it. I suppose by definition anyone can make a request but If it's not to the supernatural I wouldn't call it praying. Maybe an atheist praying to "mind-reading leprechauns" would qualify? I'm sure there's one crazy atheist out there that prays in a similar fashion. Haha ......Hmmm...an atheist that prays....I suppose it could actually be possible. Lol We'll see what people say...

"If you cannot explain it simply, you don't understand it enough" -Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes smileXsmileXsmile's post
26-05-2015, 08:29 PM
I think it is O,K to meditate/pray to an 'outside something' of one's view to a higher good:an external interaction just 'out there' >>> some AA members engage this type of prayer.Consider
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
26-05-2015, 08:33 PM
(26-05-2015 08:26 PM)smileXsmileXsmile Wrote:  Correct me if I'm wrong but don't the terms secular and satanism contradict each other. Satanism is a religion and secular means not having to do with a religion.

As far as praying I thought that was a religious term too. I suppose anyone can make a request but If it's not to the supernatural I wouldn't call it praying. Maybe praying to mind-reading leprechauns would qualify? I'm sure there's one crazy atheist out there that prays in a similar way. Hmmm an atheist that prays....I suppose it could be possible. Lol We'll see what people say...

I think levay Satanism has no spiritual beliefs.... they and affectively some budist are atheist... because they don't believe=god... technicaly you can be religious and and atheist... as long as that key nonstamp collecting is there.... lol.

26-05-2015, 08:41 PM
atheist plus prayer=o.0
(26-05-2015 08:33 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  
(26-05-2015 08:26 PM)smileXsmileXsmile Wrote:  Correct me if I'm wrong but don't the terms secular and satanism contradict each other. Satanism is a religion and secular means not having to do with a religion.

As far as praying I thought that was a religious term too. I suppose anyone can make a request but If it's not to the supernatural I wouldn't call it praying. Maybe praying to mind-reading leprechauns would qualify? I'm sure there's one crazy atheist out there that prays in a similar way. Hmmm an atheist that prays....I suppose it could be possible. Lol We'll see what people say...

I think levay Satanism has no spiritual beliefs.... they and affectively some budist are atheist... because they don't believe=god... technicaly you can be religious and and atheist... as long as that key nonstamp collecting is there.... lol.

Hmmm I suppose satan is a nondiety so it's possible to be both an atheist and satanist. What an interesting boat to be in being a satanist; believing in the satan/supernatural but not in god. I'd like to hear their logic leading up to that conclusion. Sounds like it'd be even more skewed than a theist since they have to draw a line between two bullshit ideas instead of just accepting the theist bullshit in it's entirety. Lol

"If you cannot explain it simply, you don't understand it enough" -Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes smileXsmileXsmile's post
26-05-2015, 08:44 PM
atheist plus prayer=o.0
(26-05-2015 08:33 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  technicaly you can be religious and and atheist...

No no no though. religious means believing in a deity.

26-05-2015, 08:46 PM
atheist plus prayer=o.0
U sure satan isn't the satanists deity? Idk myself, but Might want to check on that because if that's their deity then they can't be secular.

26-05-2015, 08:48 PM
(26-05-2015 08:44 PM)smileXsmileXsmile Wrote:  
(26-05-2015 08:33 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  technicaly you can be religious and and atheist...

No no no though. religious means believing in a deity.

so your telling me if you believe in spirits.. congregate in a building and have a doctrine but don't believe in a god.. your not a religion.. lol.

26-05-2015, 08:50 PM (This post was last modified: 26-05-2015 08:54 PM by kunoxian drive.)
(26-05-2015 08:46 PM)smileXsmileXsmile Wrote:  U sure satan isn't the satanists deity? Idk myself, but Might want to check on that because if that's their deity then they can't be secular.

the levay Satanist don't even believe in Satan but they do have a church.

edited. twice...
there is even a church of weed and I hope they don't have a deity... plus jedi{and yes that is sapposidly a religion}