atheists and anger. Greta Christina's Blog

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-10-2010, 08:00 PM

Thumbs Up atheists and anger. Greta Christina's Blog
I'm led to recall that old favorite quote by Maggie Kuhn, founder of the Gray Panthers. Speak your mind even if your voice shakes! As I read this Blog I happened upon by chance.

Of late, I've happened upon people who claim there's a "new atheism" afoot. A militant atheism. Especially if they chanced to watch Dawkins or Hitchens on You Tube. And yet, I guess it's not unexpected for Theists to be surprised, or even frightened when they happen to realize not everyone believes in that Santa Claus for adults that they love and fear. When for generations the most vocal faithful, complete with temples to give their faith credence and cable broadcasts that reach the world, while frequent flier miles insure third world countries may suffer their people starving to death, but at least Missionaries will promise that when they turn corpse they'll see heaven, seem to dot the landscape as a means of proof there's a reason for their having survived in faith for nearly three thousand years.

Just as there is a reason that hubris often times claims, America is a Christian nation. As if majority in faithful population, doth make a creed apparent for all.
That's why I very much enjoyed the read of that Blog. There's a presumptive air in America, that smacks of Christians only and as she observes, is enough to really tick a person off. The presumptuousness of it all. The blatant violations of one's right, under the banner, the permission of the 1st amendment that many believe not only insures freedom of religion, but prohibits one being free from religion.

I hope you find the read a pleasure. Smile
Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2010, 08:31 PM
RE: atheists and anger. Greta Christina's Blog
Excellent find. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2010, 09:19 PM

Very good post. Thanks for sharing.
12-10-2010, 12:28 PM

You are all very welcome. Smile
13-10-2010, 02:56 AM

GK - thanks for the link. She articulated my thoughts pretty accurately.
13-10-2010, 05:08 AM
very good! I passed it along to some friends
Find all posts by this user
14-10-2010, 04:41 PM
Great post indeed (goes to my favorites folder). Many of her points are an issue as well here in Mexico since our "beloved" president is from a higly conservative and deeply religious party, during the last few months I've been reading and watching the local news and I found something that almost provoked me severe puking Big Grin, in one state they prosecuted 3 women because they suffered miscarriage due to pregnancy complications and found them guilty on the charge of abortion and murder of their fetuses and they are now serving a sentence of 20 years in jail if remember correctly, my first thought was like "WTH is this? is this some kind of twisted and sick prank from the local media?", sadly this was true, Guanajuato is by far the most religious state in Mexico, and the current goverment is forgeting the church-state separation.

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-10-2010, 10:45 PM
Wow, thanks from me, too! If I had the money, that article is enough to have persuaded me to subscribe to her. Tongue

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  My Africa blog ghostexorcist 1 39 23-07-2014 03:50 PM
Last Post: Smercury44
  No Atheists in Foxholes? TheBear 3 74 08-04-2014 03:44 PM
Last Post: Banjo
  Atheists, please quit persecuting Christians in America. (Noah film) Dark Light 13 283 01-04-2014 12:02 PM
Last Post: itsnotmeitsyou
  Any teen atheists here? Jarnorth 16 254 22-03-2014 08:38 AM
Last Post: earmuffs
  Some Famous Atheists/Agnostics WitchSabrina 2 270 18-02-2014 01:48 PM
Last Post: WitchSabrina
  Who are the Most Prominent Texan (or Texas based) Atheists? lazerpuppynerdsammich 7 135 06-02-2014 09:00 PM
Last Post: lazerpuppynerdsammich
  Real life atheists! Adrianime 12 225 27-01-2014 12:02 PM
Last Post: Anjele