atheists make up 0.07% of the prison population

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-09-2013, 05:23 PM
RE: atheists make up 0.07% of the prison population
(06-09-2013 04:57 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  How many atheists make it through the Parole Board? Gotta find Jebus if you want to make parole.

Seems to be the case.. at least, in the US.

All information in the above post is my own opinion and will not
necessarily be logically sound or conform to reality as we know it.

You have been warned. Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2013, 07:04 PM
(06-09-2013 03:45 PM)PoolBoyG Wrote:  1. What are the percentages of total atheists in a country.
2. What are the percentages of of total atheists in prison.
2b. Are these percentages of people who ENTERED prison, -or- had they been in prison for awhile? If it was the later...
2c. How many of the atheists converted while in prison, and how many religious deconverted while in prison?

These need to be clear cut, it's too murky right now. Even in basic statistics of how many in the country are atheists. "Oh, well, x% don't say they're atheists, but technically they are." Who decides whether they are or aren't? There's too much inaccuracy.

And the fruits of getting the correct answer seems negligible. It'll just boil down to "Are you good because a book says so, or because the book recognizes it as good?"

This.

The stats are not reliable enough to be of any use, and there is an issue of people being afraid to admit that they are an atheist.
07-09-2013, 01:01 AM
If watching countless hours of TV has taught me anything it's that finding Jesus seems to be a one way ticket to freedomville.
I'm with Starky Boy on this one, what were those idiots thinking?

On a slightly side note, religion is most strong in the poor population as is crime.
So there's always that.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.