automatic writing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-07-2016, 03:49 PM (This post was last modified: 30-07-2016 04:02 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: automatic writing
(27-07-2016 06:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(27-07-2016 05:31 PM)genericamerican22 Wrote:  what is the athiest explantion for automatic writing? again my goal in asking these is not to change someone else's mind but for me, even though ill always believe in god most likely. Ithink what automatic writing is, is someone can write a song without even thinking about it, christians explain it as demons but how do athiest explain it?

Phencyclidine?

Lysergic acid diethylamide will also work. .... and there are even more like ayahusca and psilocybin and peyote and shit.... just sayin' ... Drinking Beverage

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-07-2016, 03:59 PM (This post was last modified: 30-07-2016 04:04 PM by Born Again Pagan.)
(27-07-2016 05:31 PM)genericamerican22 Wrote:  what is the athiest explantion for automatic writing? again my goal in asking these is not to change someone else's mind but for me, even though ill always believe in god most likely. Ithink what automatic writing is, is someone can write a song without even thinking about it, christians explain it as demons but how do athiest explain it?

Writing a song without thinking about it, huh? Some can stand up and give a speech without thinking about it, and others cannot. How would be writing a song witout thinking it be in any manner beyond the natural?

I have done automatic driving at times. I leave Miami and 4 hours later I get to Tampa and have no actual recollection of the drive in between, because I was on automatic driving.
[+] 3 users Like Born Again Pagan's post
30-07-2016, 04:11 PM
(30-07-2016 03:49 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(27-07-2016 06:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Phencyclidine?

Lysergic acid diethylamide will also work. .... and there are even more like ayahusca and psilocybin and peyote and shit.... just sayin' ... Drinking Beverage

There is one thing about acid that I found interesting.......

One night - while dinking about with a head full of acid -- I stood in front of the mirror looking at myself.... (as I recall - it was something in a Hunter S Thompson novel that got me to do it...) --- and I noticed something really odd..... I could feel my pulse in my eyes -- and noticed that my pupils were dilating in rhythm with my heartbeat............... After a few minutes --- I found that I could actually override the involuntary muscle reaction - and will my pupils to dilate.....

A few weeks later --- a girlfriend of mine and I were frying on some of the same acid --- and I told her what had happened.... She didn't believe it -- till she stared me right in the eyes -- and I made my pupils dilate out fully......

It really freaked her out.... She thought it looked "Satanic"..... whatever......

I've never been able to do it without the acid though......

Cool

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
30-07-2016, 04:41 PM

Inspiration, subconscious thought, experience, knowledge, all those things go into writing a song. As someone who's written north of 200 myself, I surprise myself sometimes. As someone who regularly improvises, and sometimes gets songs from that process, I know that all of the above go into it.
30-07-2016, 04:50 PM
(30-07-2016 04:11 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I've never been able to do it without the acid though......

A neuronal pattern realized is a neuronal pattern realizable.

#sigh
30-07-2016, 09:26 PM
(30-07-2016 03:59 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  Some can stand up and give a speech without thinking about it

Why stop at speeches? There's a politician (no names mentioned) currently running an entire presidential campaign without a single thought entering his brain.
[+] 2 users Like crocdoc's post