awesome god

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-09-2013, 05:12 PM
awesome god
Our god is an awesome god he reigns from heaven above with wisdom power and love, our god is an awesome god.

So there, atheist scumbags. Laughat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2013, 05:15 PM
RE: awesome god
Damn... you've beaten me. I never thought of it like that!

Weeping
[+] 1 user Likes darv's post
06-09-2013, 05:29 PM
(06-09-2013 05:12 PM)viking Wrote:  Our god is an awesome god he reigns from heaven above with wisdom power and love, our god is an awesome god.

Robert Bly talks about how Jung said the psyche likes to make deals. So interesting I find this. This explains the bargains in the psychology of religion- deals with god and the devil. JudyChristy God exists and the devil exists. I really believe it. In the human imagination, anything is capable of existing. Perception is reality or almost reality. So the psyche likes to make deals. Scott Stapp says he made a deal with God that he wanted to be successful in music (Creed frontman) and he would keep the lyrics clean if nothing else. Many write about deals with the other imaginary guy, God's nemesis. Amazing how much is in our head. They call that in the movies the Matrix. Plato called it a Cave.

Press on!
06-09-2013, 05:30 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2013 05:51 PM by GirlyMan.)
we doz haz teh most awesomnesz codez of tehm all. Big Grin

(06-09-2013 05:29 PM)viking Wrote:  JudyChristy God exists and the devil exists. I really believe it. In the human imagination, anything is capable of existing. Perception is reality or almost reality.

Subject to the loss of information introduced by the transducers. We got no clue what that information loss is. Not sure we can know. We keep getting more and more powerful and discriminating sensors, but I ain't sure whether we're exploring reality or inventing it. ... Don't make no practical difference either which way.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
06-09-2013, 05:40 PM
(06-09-2013 05:15 PM)darv Wrote:  Damn... you've beaten me. I never thought of it like that!

Weeping

don't you get a high listening to this music? And you attribute it to God. I get a high also listening to Hare Krishna chating through the streets of a city. That must be proof of the reality of the dogma
06-09-2013, 05:52 PM
Is this the karaoke version of Christianity?

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
07-09-2013, 09:53 PM
The bible is true because it comes from God. God exists because it says so in the bible. What is so hard to understand about that?

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
07-09-2013, 10:09 PM
This is one of my favorite christian tunes. It's got a great hook to it. We used to do Wednesday night meetups at an old historic one room church in town for music worship. The youth ministers who ran it were pretty cool, and knew how to rock. Think of the high you get from the music alone, but make it a rock ballad with a sweet improve guitar solo in the middle.

Some of my deeper "revelations from god" were inspired by this. Rock music.

The devil's music. Evil_monster

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
07-09-2013, 11:37 PM
(06-09-2013 05:12 PM)viking Wrote:  Our god is an awesome god he reigns from heaven above with wisdom power and love, our god is an awesome god.

I had a girlfriend who played that song over and over. Also that Jars of Clay song... Flood. Got pretty old.

I AM he who is called... cat furniture.
08-09-2013, 12:20 AM
(07-09-2013 11:37 PM)I Am Wrote:  

I had a girlfriend who played that song over and over. Also that Jars of Clay song... Flood. Got pretty old.

Yeah, that flood song was cool for a minute, got old real quick.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco