badly burned by encounter with street preachers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-11-2015, 01:50 PM
RE: badly burned by encounter with street preachers
Take some time to drift through these resources:

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...or-Dummies

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...rce-thread

Knowledge is power, the more you absorb, the more confident you will be, and the more ready for those opportunities to spank a theist, which by the way is my favorite hobby.

Smile

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
22-11-2015, 02:59 PM
(17-11-2015 12:37 PM)Iñigo Wrote:  Not everyone does well on their feet. I wouldn't be too hard on yourself. They are slick and they are used to talking about it, so they have easy answers. It seems like they tried the trick of turning it on you to prove your position. If you encounter them again, remember that the burden on proof for god is on them and hold them to it.
There is no burden of proof on anyone but those who think that all is literally material. They wouldn't be expected to prove there is no God. But they would be expected to prove that all is material.
22-11-2015, 03:51 PM
This is why I don't debate. These types of encounters are rarely productive, unless you dedicate an inordinate amount of time honing your debating skills. It's just not worth the effort to me.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
22-11-2015, 06:16 PM (This post was last modified: 22-11-2015 06:43 PM by adey67.)
(22-11-2015 02:59 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(17-11-2015 12:37 PM)Iñigo Wrote:  Not everyone does well on their feet. I wouldn't be too hard on yourself. They are slick and they are used to talking about it, so they have easy answers. It seems like they tried the trick of turning it on you to prove your position. If you encounter them again, remember that the burden on proof for god is on them and hold them to it.
There is no burden of proof on anyone but those who think that all is literally material. They wouldn't be expected to prove there is no God. But they would be expected to prove that all is material.
?!? Think what's literally material im not getting this, but if you think that religitards don't have burden of proof for their supernatural human immolating sky wizard that's bonkers.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
22-11-2015, 06:32 PM
(22-11-2015 02:59 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  

There is a burden of proof on anybody who makes a claim. That's basic logic.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
22-11-2015, 07:13 PM
There are all kinds of apps to download these days.

Here's some lists.

Atheist apps.

Skeptical science.

Biblical contradictions app for androids.

Genetics apps.

There's many more. Arm yourself in case memory fails. Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
22-11-2015, 08:13 PM
I won't ever argue with theists because it's a no win situation. You will rarely, if ever, change a theist's mind and the argument itself will drive you nuts. The theist will always resort to superstition and you will reach the point where you just say, "Fuck it" and withdraw from the argument. The theist will call that a win for his side. When street preachers approach me, I simply tell them to peddle their woo someplace else.
[+] 1 user Likes Black Eagle's post
22-11-2015, 08:33 PM
(17-11-2015 06:30 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Aaaaagghh !!! I got ambushed in town today by street preachers and was engaged on the subject of atheism, unfortunately it backfired spectacularly and I got badly burned, I couldn't remember one single biblical contradiction then the preacher stated that I didn't know he existed until we started talking so how do I know god doesn't exist and I was stumped then he stated that if there was a big bang that the explosion should have caused a vortex and so all the planets should be rotating in the same direction which doesn't sound right but I was still stumped.

So basically I forgot everything I have learned on here regarding counter apologetics. How can I ensure this doesn't happen again, or am I such a crappy atheist that I should just go in a corner and quietly kill myself ?

The big bang is postulated to have been so extremely long before the development of planets that the two are not connected. I have recently been involved in the silly debate of "If apes turned into men why are there still apes?" And dropped on them the siggie of someone here "If God made man out of dust why is their still dust?" And they told me how stupid that was and i went on from there point out that it was no more stupid that their straw man!
[+] 2 users Like DerFish's post
22-11-2015, 09:43 PM
(22-11-2015 06:32 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(22-11-2015 02:59 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  There is no burden of proof on anyone but those who think that all is literally material. They wouldn't be expected to prove there is no God. But they would be expected to prove that all is material.

There is a burden of proof on anybody who makes a claim. That's basic logic.
You claim there is no God, I claim there is. The burden is equal.
22-11-2015, 09:47 PM
(22-11-2015 09:43 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  You claim there is no God, I claim there is. The burden is equal.

Prove it.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post