badly burned by encounter with street preachers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-11-2015, 06:37 AM
RE: badly burned by encounter with street preachers
(17-11-2015 06:30 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Aaaaagghh !!! I got ambushed in town today by street preachers and was engaged on the subject of atheism, unfortunately it backfired spectacularly and I got badly burned, I couldn't remember one single biblical contradiction then the preacher stated that I didn't know he existed until we started talking so how do I know god doesn't exist and I was stumped then he stated that if there was a big bang that the explosion should have caused a vortex and so all the planets should be rotating in the same direction which doesn't sound right but I was still stumped.

So basically I forgot everything I have learned on here regarding counter apologetics. How can I ensure this doesn't happen again, or am I such a crappy atheist that I should just go in a corner and quietly kill myself ?

Forget him. Debating him is like trying to hug a bar of soap. Slippery, slippery!

DJ

Live Better...Help Often....Wonder More
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-11-2015, 07:09 AM
(23-11-2015 06:37 AM)OhDannyBoy Wrote:  
(17-11-2015 06:30 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Aaaaagghh !!! I got ambushed in town today by street preachers and was engaged on the subject of atheism, unfortunately it backfired spectacularly and I got badly burned, I couldn't remember one single biblical contradiction then the preacher stated that I didn't know he existed until we started talking so how do I know god doesn't exist and I was stumped then he stated that if there was a big bang that the explosion should have caused a vortex and so all the planets should be rotating in the same direction which doesn't sound right but I was still stumped.

So basically I forgot everything I have learned on here regarding counter apologetics. How can I ensure this doesn't happen again, or am I such a crappy atheist that I should just go in a corner and quietly kill myself ?

Forget him. Debating him is like trying to hug a bar of soap. Slippery, slippery!

DJ

Are we talking about the street preachers or pops the builder ? Tongue Laugh out load
23-11-2015, 07:35 AM
(23-11-2015 07:09 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(23-11-2015 06:37 AM)OhDannyBoy Wrote:  Forget him. Debating him is like trying to hug a bar of soap. Slippery, slippery!

DJ

Are we talking about the street preachers or pops the builder ? Tongue Laugh out load

Does it matter? It applies to both.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
23-11-2015, 07:54 AM
I more closely resemble a tree with a couple of branches that still need pruining, than soap. I try to be as straight forward as possible given the general subject matter.