balancing of the scales

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-04-2013, 12:56 AM
RE: balancing of the scales
(06-04-2013 12:49 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(06-04-2013 12:44 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  You are arguing for evolutionary morality with the concept of eternal damnation. Speaking of which, you try to be all slippery and shit, saying you haven't qualified god - but what other god besides the "Christian God" has tools spouting that nonsense?

Come out of the bushes, so all can see you have no clothes.

I never claimed to believe in eternal damnation. I only claimed that a finite punishment could be spread over an infinite amount of time. Either your judgement is clouded by bigotary or your simply make stuff up because you find straw men easier to defeat then the actual arguments put in front of you.

There's no argument there. You did not say "infinite," you said "eternal." That puts you in a category.

Eternity is timelessness - which you'd know if you'd been there. Big Grin

Forever is the sum of all time and essentially infinite. And has been adequately demonstrated by other posters, infinity is a mathematical construct; over which your protestations of "finite punishment" have been shown to be bollocks.

For example: I was an abused child, now, for everz, I'm a nutbag. There's a "real world" relation. I don't know where the fuck you get setting someone on fire is just... well, just.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
06-04-2013, 04:10 PM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2013 04:15 PM by fstratzero.)
RE: balancing of the scales
(06-04-2013 12:38 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(05-04-2013 11:06 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  You know the problem with common sense? It ain't common. See, once upon a time, I thought it was natural for a prophet to be a theist. Then I read the Bible.

But one thing remains from being a "theist prophet." Come to my door associating god with hell, you just may be leaving with less teeth.

You wanna argue against atheists and evolutionary morality, but you continue to fail. That "golden rule" bullshit? That "need for justice?" That "sense of fair play?" That's all evolutionary. That's all empathic. There ain't no god in there. That's you. Your ego, demanding that, those who wronged you must be punished.

As for the punishment you might get from me, as dictated by scripture? Stoned to fucking death. But, that's it. And afterwards, it's all "return to god."

That shit in the NT? Fucking marketing. If one is "Christian," one is supposed to have accepted the Holy Spirit (same shit that spins up prophets), which makes it literally impossible to speak evil. So, if you're Christian, and yer talking about hell, there is only two possibilities:

You're talking to the unconverted.

-or-

You're talking out of your ass.

Now, why am I putting you in the second category? Huh

When have I argued against evolutionary morality? You're making that up in lieu of an argument,

The funny thing is there is a "morally good" reason for mutual co-operation in evolution. Which could be used as a basis for morality arising.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply