basterdizing jung

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-07-2017, 08:31 PM
basterdizing jung
have you ever noticed that the "new age movement usally uses the cloak of actual science to make themselves look legit. not that tis is new{depach chopra.. cough.. cough}.. but i noticed that you can't learn psychology even without e bull thrown in there... what i am talking about is this bastardization of carl youngs ania ad animus concepts. not that i have studied the man but I am interested to se what he has to say.... so much in though witout bumping into the spiritual concepts based off the same kind if ideas. a.k.a "spirit science and others." so could someone point me in the right direction.. lol. ls I wouldn't mind learning about these actual concepts.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-07-2017, 08:37 PM
RE: basterdizing jung
(23-07-2017 08:31 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  have you ever noticed that the "new age movement usally uses the cloak of actual science to make themselves look legit. not that tis is new{depach chopra.. cough.. cough}.. but i noticed that you can't learn psychology even without e bull thrown in there... what i am talking about is this bastardization of carl youngs ania ad animus concepts. not that i have studied the man but I am interested to se what he has to say.... so much in though witout bumping into the spiritual concepts based off the same kind if ideas. a.k.a "spirit science and others." so could someone point me in the right direction.. lol. ls I wouldn't mind learning about these actual concepts.

Always good for a list of what to read: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analytical_psychology

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
23-07-2017, 10:44 PM
I'm going to recommend reading James Hillman's "Re-Visioning Psychology". It'll give you some perspective on Jung. Not super useful but interesting.

“Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle
[+] 1 user Likes whateverist's post
26-07-2017, 02:21 PM
(23-07-2017 08:31 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  have you ever noticed that the "new age movement usally uses the cloak of actual science to make themselves look legit.

More often it's psuedoscience or junk science.

Take any philosophical concept, add "quantum" to it, and voila! -- New Age.

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."