batman is a skeptic....?????

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-01-2017, 12:34 PM
batman is a skeptic....?????
I have only one movie I wanted to see but also hated simultaneously. I am talking about justice dark. In this movie they have a batman who is skeptical of magic. I just one question. if you lived in the dc universe, could be skeptical of anything. I can get batman may think of this a science that has not been discovered. the thing is tough, he literally lives in a space where virtually every genre fits right into the super heroe genre. I doubt you can be a skeptic of anything with so many examples of stuff that doesn't fit science. especially with his knowledge of quantum mechanics. what do you guys think on this one. is it possible to have seen that much paranormal stuff and be a "magic skeptic."

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-01-2017, 01:33 PM
RE: batman is a skeptic....?????
There are no constraints on the "thought processes" of Batman. This means of course that he can be skeptical of magic, whilst at the same time living in a magical world. As the viewer of the film, you must maintain a suspension of disbelief in order to enjoy it.

—You're apparently (and erroneously?) trying to conflate human perception and logic with that of a cartoon character. And I'm not sure why.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
16-01-2017, 01:46 PM
(16-01-2017 01:33 PM)SYZ Wrote:  There are no constraints on the "thought processes" of Batman. This means of course that he can be skeptical of magic, whilst at the same time living in a magical world. As the viewer of the film, you must maintain a suspension of disbelief in order to enjoy it.

—You're apparently (and erroneously?) trying to conflate human perception and logic with that of a cartoon character. And I'm not sure why.
what....????
guess what,
I am not the worlds biggest batman fan. but I have watched enough to know.
that disbelief has been suspended.
I don't care.... to a certain extent. butttttt..... if you want said suspension of disbelief to work... you kind of have to have the stuff n the story follow some kind of logical order to itself.
I will be watching justice leauge black and enjoying it.... I don't get that kind of counter argument. I have seen many series where I'm like. that's so illogical but I have still enjoyed.. ff7 to name one... the fact that it's illogical for them to just let aerith die had no effect on my enjoyment of the series as a hole. so I will have to turn down your assertion that thinking about how things in fiction work will ruin the enjoyment because it hasn't so far.

16-01-2017, 02:05 PM
I'd just like to add is.... trying to figure the logic of certain things has brought me the most pleasure out of a series... cartoon logic or not.

16-01-2017, 02:25 PM
(16-01-2017 01:46 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  
(16-01-2017 01:33 PM)SYZ Wrote:  There are no constraints on the "thought processes" of Batman. This means of course that he can be skeptical of magic, whilst at the same time living in a magical world. As the viewer of the film, you must maintain a suspension of disbelief in order to enjoy it.

[...] so I will have to turn down your assertion that thinking about how things in fiction work will ruin the enjoyment because it hasn't so far.

Um... you just said you "hated" JLD. Are you talking about the comics or the forthcoming movie?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
16-01-2017, 02:31 PM
(16-01-2017 02:25 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(16-01-2017 01:46 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  [...] so I will have to turn down your assertion that thinking about how things in fiction work will ruin the enjoyment because it hasn't so far.

Um... you just said you "hated" JLD. Are you talking about the comics or the forthcoming movie?

hated=frustrated but not disgusted