bearing my soul

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-08-2013, 08:46 PM
bearing my soul
I need to get this out. This is the place to do it.

I've never had a girlfriend, never, I'm 28 and never had a girlfriend.

I'm so lonely i can taste it. I'm sick with it. Most of the people I know who are my age are married or engaged, some even have children, many people i know who are younger than me are married or engaged. I'm still alone.

I'm introverted almost to the point of self destruction, I have no social skills. I have no idea how to change my situation. It hurts to see everyone around me loving some one, hand in hand with some one, and I'm left behind, alone. Sitting on the outside, wishing i had what they have. Reduced to the quiet guy in the corner or at the bar, too terrified of stupid things to do any thing, too terrified that the girl at the bar will say "no", despite the fact that rejection is part of life. Too afraid of scammers to go the online route. I don't what to do, I don't know how to do it.

Christ it feels good to get that the hell of my chest... i feel a little better now, thanks for listening.. or reading... or what ever
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-08-2013, 08:49 PM
RE: bearing my soul
Hmm. Well, I met my husband online 12 years ago so I think it can be worth the risk so long as you are smart about it. I know a bunch of people who also met their spouse that way. Do you work or are you unable to go out to work?
21-08-2013, 08:51 PM
I work as a courier all my coworkers are either male or married
21-08-2013, 09:14 PM
I feel you bro. Hug
i have no social skills too...
But just have confidence in yourself, go to a hairdresser and ask for a hairstyle that fits you. Its worth the money. Then get some decent clothes and go visit a social event. Be nice to the ladiez

KC IS A LIAR!!!! HE PROMISED ME VANILLA CAKES AND GAVE ME STRAWBERRY CAKE Weeping
21-08-2013, 11:21 PM
If you're so introverted maybe try to get some professional help. That could help you in meeting your end of the process of finding someone special (talk to people basically)

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 5 users Like nach_in's post
22-08-2013, 12:30 AM
(21-08-2013 11:21 PM)nach_in Wrote:  If you're so introverted maybe try to get some professional help. That could help you in meeting your end of the process of finding someone special (talk to people basically)

It's a start. You need a start somewhere. The only life you have is this one. For better or worse (sounds like you have worse down) you gotta live it. Is rejection worse than never knowing? I'm a firm believer in there's someone for everyone.

"It's a most distressing affliction to have a sentimental heart and a skeptical mind.”
― نجيب محفوظ, Sugar Street
22-08-2013, 05:32 AM
Are you Autistic?
22-08-2013, 05:42 AM
(22-08-2013 05:32 AM)Juv Wrote:  Are you Autistic?

no I'm not autistic. at least I've never been diagnosed with autism, pretty bad ADD growing up but not autism. I just don't get on with people very well.
22-08-2013, 05:46 AM
(22-08-2013 05:42 AM)Relic of the Darkling Wrote:  
(22-08-2013 05:32 AM)Juv Wrote:  Are you Autistic?

no I'm not autistic. at least I've never been diagnosed with autism, pretty bad ADD growing up but not autism. I just don't get on with people very well.

When you say you've never had a girlfriend, do you mean you're looking for a "mate" or that you're a virgin?
22-08-2013, 05:49 AM
(22-08-2013 05:46 AM)Juv Wrote:  When you say you've never had a girlfriend, do you mean you're looking for a "mate" or that you're a virgin?

a "mate" for lack of a better term