beggars and traders

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-02-2012, 05:25 PM
beggars and traders
So lately I am back in a mmo that i haven't played in a while, just kept logging in so I wouldn't lose my account.

And well, after owning an account there for almost 4 years I do of course have some rares and collectables that where worth nothing back then but now I can make some good ingame cash of it. - But I don't want to. I like that I have some things that others don't, and I don't want to sell them or just give them away.

I hate when I have a rare hat on, just sitting there and some idiots start begging or don't stop asking me what i can sell them.

So a few days ago I just asked openly what a certain item goes for lately as I haven't been on in a while. Someone had nicely asked me if he can buy that item from me and as I knew him from back in my active times I said I will try to find out the market price.
I heard lots and so I offered him the middle price kinda.
One of the players that told me prices now thinks that I am an asshole for not selling her all my spare rares o.O like what?? I told her that I am not a trader and she gets pissed? Fuck off moron, leave me alone.... I swear I hate such people.

You got any stories like that?

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-02-2012, 12:28 PM
RE: beggars and traders
Runescape? I remember there being rare hats back when I played. Most players are pretty young, which explains the begging.

Better without God, and happier too.
Find all posts by this user
25-02-2012, 03:26 PM
No, I don't like Runescape. TMW (2D opensource)

26-02-2012, 06:31 PM
I remember messing about on my friends second life account and these people came and said they were the police........ha ha ha ha ha.

They badgered me to stop doing what I was doing and I said "what are you going to do about it??? Arrest me" which of course they cant because

A: The game isnt real
B: They have no more power than any other player in the game

I know I like to get involved with the games I play but I think some people can take the role a little too seriously Confused

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
26-02-2012, 06:40 PM
Second life is all about taking the role too seriously =p When I return to games I always run into that and usually anything I kept from back then is something I wanted. There will always be random peopl asking for anything they've never seen. Go anywhere that you have a bunch of people gathered and it will happen.

Gamers are just given a stronger voice than in non-game situations.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
28-02-2012, 05:07 PM
all mmo's are about taking it too serious > and that is when I start getting annoyed > and that is when I sometimes start trolling
... especially people who spam trade and beggars. gotta hate them. I never do that and I have what I need in all games I play... wonder how I did that without being annoying as shit.... *sarcasm*