being atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-11-2016, 02:21 AM
RE: being atheist
(12-11-2016 01:13 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(11-11-2016 11:35 PM)Praying Birds Wrote:  Without the existence of air there could never be a vaccuum. A vaccuum is defined by the absence of air and characterized through it. Without air being existent in the first place there could never be an absence.

And thanks for calling me out on my English skills. I am not a native speaker and I think I can express myself in a proper manner very well though.

Also do I get the feel that the only reason you are argueing towards me like this (in THAT aggressive way) is because of my accounts name.

It is the name of my music project, I am not a religious person and by praying I mean something totally different.

Also does everything I said in this discussion NOT represent any total state of my opinion. I am thinking out loud and I am open to agree at any point that I am wrong Smile

I discuss not to overthrow other people with my opinion but to grow by the exchange of positions and the constant creation that comes with it assembling a concept together or totally dismissing it.

If you find Chas's questions to be aggressive than you're a moronic piece of shit.

Translation (as I'm fluent in Kiwi): You want aggressive? I'll show you aggressive! Cunt!

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
12-11-2016, 02:36 AM
(11-11-2016 11:35 PM)Praying Birds Wrote:  Without the existence of air there could never be a vaccuum[sp]. A vaccuum[sp] is defined by the absence of air and characterized through it. Without air being existent in the first place there could never be an absence.

Incorrect. A vacuum (with one 'c') is a space devoid of matter, not just air in particular. So yes, a vacuum could exists without the particular mix of nitrogen, oxygen, and other gases we colloquially label 'air'. Your entire argument falls apart because you lack understanding of the words and concepts you are trying to use.

(11-11-2016 11:35 PM)Praying Birds Wrote:  And thanks for calling me out on my English skills. I am not a native speaker and I think I can express myself in a proper manner very well though.

Well, this isn't just conversational English. If you're going to explore concepts like this and wrestle with the critique, you need to do better than conversational level. Words have specific meanings, and we'll hold you to them.

(11-11-2016 11:35 PM)Praying Birds Wrote:  Also do I get the feel that the only reason you are argueing[sp] towards me like this (in THAT aggressive way) is because of my accounts name.

Chas is a pussy cat. The ones you need to watch out for are Earmuffs, WhiskyDebates, and myself. I can be a right cunt at times.

(11-11-2016 11:35 PM)Praying Birds Wrote:  It is the name of my music project, I am not a religious person and by praying I mean something totally different.

Well, how so? Plus, if it involves any sort of evocation of the supernatural, we're still going to have disdain for it. Pagan and new-age woo are no more evidence based than the Abrahamic faiths, and certainly will not get a pass from vigorous critique.

(11-11-2016 11:35 PM)Praying Birds Wrote:  Also does everything I said in this discussion NOT represent any total state of my opinion. I am thinking out loud and I am open to agree at any point that I am wrong Smile

That sentence structure is rather broken. Looks like your English could still use a bit more practice.

(11-11-2016 11:35 PM)Praying Birds Wrote:  I discuss not to overthrow other people with my opinion but to grow by the exchange of positions and the constant creation that comes with it assembling a concept together or totally dismissing it.

Good, you keep doing that. But if you have bad ideas, ones not supported by evidence or that fly in the face of the evidence we have, we would be remiss if we didn't tell you they were bad ideas. That is what Chas has been doing. If your ideas cannot stand up to his scrutiny, you need to take a closer look at them.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
12-11-2016, 08:15 AM
(11-11-2016 11:35 PM)Praying Birds Wrote:  And thanks for calling me out on my English skills. I am not a native speaker and I think I can express myself in a proper manner very well though.

I don't see that you mentioned this fact anywhere. No one here is psychic.

(11-11-2016 11:35 PM)Praying Birds Wrote:  Also do I get the feel that the only reason you are argueing towards me like this (in THAT aggressive way) is because of my accounts name.

Nope. In my experience, user names are either ignored or factored with a poster's content. There are posters with a religious themed name that post in a secular manner. There are posters with secular names that post in a religious viewpoint. Etc. etc. etc.

(11-11-2016 11:35 PM)Praying Birds Wrote:  It is the name of my music project, I am not a religious person and by praying I mean something totally different.

Again, no psychics. If you want us to know information about you then you have to share it. Also, I caution you against redefining words like "prayer". It can lead to confusion and miscommunication.

(11-11-2016 11:35 PM)Praying Birds Wrote:  Also does everything I said in this discussion NOT represent any total state of my opinion. I am thinking out loud and I am open to agree at any point that I am wrong Smile

That is a reasonable stance.

(11-11-2016 11:35 PM)Praying Birds Wrote:  I discuss not to overthrow other people with my opinion but to grow by the exchange of positions and the constant creation that comes with it assembling a concept together or totally dismissing it.

This is also reasonable.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
12-11-2016, 09:32 AM
(11-11-2016 11:35 PM)Praying Birds Wrote:  Without the existence of air there could never be a vaccuum. A vaccuum is defined by the absence of air and characterized through it. Without air being existent in the first place there could never be an absence. [...]

This points up your lack of scientific knowledge. Air per se has nothing at all to do with the definition of a vacuum. A vacuum can be created by the expulsion of any gas or fluid from a sealed container. Could be Helium or Argon or water or engine oil.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
12-11-2016, 07:35 PM
(12-11-2016 12:06 AM)Praying Birds Wrote:  
(11-11-2016 11:44 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  Your name has nothing to do with it. It's just that they're allergic to the nonsensical bullshit that you're spraying all over your posts.

Thanks for calling my thinkings 'bullshit'. Probably helps the positive discussion-atmosphere a lot.

I call them as I see them.
12-11-2016, 07:52 PM
(06-11-2016 05:28 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-11-2016 11:54 AM)Praying Birds Wrote:  Without me never being in a world there can not ever be a lack of me there. Yet I am part of existence now and probably will cease to exist later.

There is a lack of all the people who never existed but might have.
You will most certainly cease to exist later.

Actually, at this point, I think you two might want to get a room.
In fact ... you're both kinda turning me on. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
06-01-2017, 08:15 AM
“I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.”
- Mark Twain

When I shake my ignore file, I can hear them buzzing!

Cheerful Charlie
06-01-2017, 11:11 AM
(12-11-2016 01:13 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  If you find Chas's questions to be aggressive than* you're a moronic piece of shit.

*then. Drinking Beverage

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
09-01-2017, 01:55 AM
(06-11-2016 01:24 AM)Praying Birds Wrote:  So you want to say that you fear death? I am thinking about death for a long time and it scares me as hell. But I thought about this:

I am now existent. My existence exists.
When I die my existence stops existing and instead my non-existence starts existing.

I think I saw this on a grave marker: "I Was Not, I Became, I Am Not, I Care Not."
22-02-2017, 07:21 AM
It's weird when people (most believers) ask "Aren't you afraid of dying?". Not really no. Don't get me wrong... I'm not looking forward to dying because I think I still have a positive impact to be made in this life. I still make mistakes but I learn from them. I don't blame my mistakes on anyone but myself but on the flip side of that coin I don't praise an invisible being in the sky for my successes. The way I look at it (putting it in very simplistic terms) is I don't remember anything before I was born. I won't remember anything after I die.

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
[+] 1 user Likes RearViewMirror's post