belief quiz experiment

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-04-2014, 09:11 AM
belief quiz experiment
So this quiz pops up in the local atheist group I belong to on Facebook, just for fun. And we all know that atheism is just no belief in god---it doesn't mean someone is rational and logical and scientific.....

I take the quiz and I post it to my regular facebook page for all of my friends, and the results just blew me away so far. I thought more of my friends before I did this than I did after Confused

My family took the test, our scores ranged from 2-8 (my husband is a believer--so that took most of his points).

a theater/secular homeschooling/farming/biker woman I know scored 15- but she also said that most were things that she "just wished they were true"-- meaning that she really didn't believe in them.

One of the mom's that I would think of as mostly secular and just 'normal' scored a 38!

And my old beau from high school (who thinks of himself as a master reiki healer) scored a 48! my jaw hit the floor.

Here's the quiz- I don't expect there to be high scores in this group--but posting it for my other friends (non atheist) was just surprising to me.
fun quiz for your facebook friends

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
18-04-2014, 09:27 AM
RE: belief quiz experiment
Nice one. I managed to score 2, which, apart from being a skeptic, means I'm no fun. Tongue

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
18-04-2014, 09:28 AM
1/99
undiscovered sea creatures,general

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
18-04-2014, 09:31 AM (This post was last modified: 18-04-2014 09:36 AM by War Horse.)
Scoring seems different than the numbers you mentioned.

Heres what I got.... Smartass 2-99

Karma, what goes around,comes around

And I believe theres life on other planets

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
18-04-2014, 09:39 AM
Didn't understand a bunch of the questions.

Do I believe in near death experiences? Yes. People seem to have them. I don't think they mean anything too surprising though, just similar to dreams...

My body/soul can leave my body??? Er. No makey sense.

What the fuck is light as a feather, stiff as a board? No I won't google it Rolleyes

In undiscovered sea-monsters? Well... I guess? I mean, depends what you call a monster. It's not fully explored down there, there's probably some stuff down there, like coelocanths.

Sharks can form land based tornados??? Are these guys for real? WHAT. THE. FUCK. God Rolleyes

Spells and rituals can affect human/world events? Just try to fuck with e.g. the Hajj and see how far you get...

I do believe that there is life on other planets, it's just a hunch though - but the universe is too big for life to be unique IMO. Strictly speaking it's an open question though.

And *yes* I do believe people travel through time. Everyone does. Dodgy

I submit they should replace the test with *one* question and *one* choice of answer:
Are you stupid?
Yes

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
18-04-2014, 09:44 AM
(18-04-2014 09:31 AM)War Horse Wrote:  Scoring seems different than the numbers you mentioned.

when I said 2-8, what I meant was.....I got 4, older daughter 7, younger daughter 2, husband 8.

My younger daughter (age 8), didn't click for the god & heaven stuff but said yes to leprechauns. hahaha.

many of the answers are in just the way you 'read' them.

Like many people have mentioned the one on sea monsters, and go with unidentified sea creatures--yes....are they "monsters"= no.

love potion-- does that mean tequila?

18-04-2014, 09:47 AM
(18-04-2014 09:39 AM)morondog Wrote:  Didn't understand a bunch of the questions.

Do I believe in near death experiences? Yes. People seem to have them. I don't think they mean anything too surprising though, just similar to dreams...

My body/soul can leave my body??? Er. No makey sense.

What the fuck is light as a feather, stiff as a board? No I won't google it Rolleyes

In undiscovered sea-monsters? Well... I guess? I mean, depends what you call a monster. It's not fully explored down there, there's probably some stuff down there, like coelocanths.

Sharks can form land based tornados??? Are these guys for real? WHAT. THE. FUCK. God Rolleyes

Spells and rituals can affect human/world events? Just try to fuck with e.g. the Hajj and see how far you get...

I do believe that there is life on other planets, it's just a hunch though - but the universe is too big for life to be unique IMO. Strictly speaking it's an open question though.

And *yes* I do believe people travel through time. Everyone does. Dodgy

I submit they should replace the test with *one* question and *one* choice of answer:
Are you stupid?
Yes

so now you see why my ex boyfriend now reiki healer that scored a 48 makes me think Gasp

18-04-2014, 09:48 AM
post it to your facebook page......I'm curious to see if your view of the non atheist-fairly normal people in your life freak you out like mine have.

18-04-2014, 09:49 AM
I'd be interested in stats from this quiz applied to a large number of people. Give you a decent idea of how loopy the general population is...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
18-04-2014, 09:50 AM
(18-04-2014 09:44 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  love potion-- does that mean tequila?

LOL, I was thinking bout that, I can mix up some good love potions.... um, well at least sex potions. Blush

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post