ben carson?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-11-2015, 04:47 PM
RE: ben carson?
(07-11-2015 10:38 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(07-11-2015 10:32 AM)purpledaisies Wrote:  I was hoping I could get in one place so I didn't have to try to put it together and they didn't have to go to several places. If I could find one good link ....

Here's one.

And another.

There are no facts in the first reference that Ben Carson is lying.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2015, 04:49 PM
Nope, no facts of him lying in another source. Just someone's opinions about Ben Carson and what he said.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
07-11-2015, 05:01 PM

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
07-11-2015, 05:12 PM
(07-11-2015 04:35 PM)Alla Wrote:  Sorry, I will check it out right now.

Alla, I don't know how old you are but I remember when the republican party was not taken over by the religious right. The Republicans have been pulled so far to the right by the teabaggers that even fairly conservative presidents from the past wouldn't be able to get elected today. Even Ronald Reagan would be too liberal for the republican party these days.

You're probably too young to remember a man named Barry Goldwater (well, I am too, believe it or not) but Barry Goldwater was a very, very conservative Republican who ran against Lyndon Johnson in 1964 and lost in a landslide. He was a religious man but warned the Republican party about religion getting mixed up with politics. That was five decades ago, way back when.

“Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them.”

It's like Goldwater had a damned crystal ball. Truer words were never said. The mixing of religion and politics is going to, and already has, fractured the Republican party. Maybe you're not a Republican, but if you are I'd take a little advice from Goldwater and look for politicians who don't mix the two, otherwise the Republicans are cooked.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 6 users Like dancefortwo's post
07-11-2015, 05:18 PM
(07-11-2015 04:28 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(07-11-2015 04:23 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Who would you consider to be trustworthy, unbiased news sources?
No source is 100% trustworthy and unbiased. But sources like CNN and MSNBC are super biased. I remember how they loved Obama and how they hated Romney.
They helped Obama they wanted to destroy Romney. They did great job.
Now they want to destroy Ben Carson or any conservative. Shame on them for being biased.

I remember in another thread that you said you utilize Fox News for information on news events. If you truly are disgusted with MSNBC and CNN for bias, are you also appalled at how Fox News operates as one of the most blatant ideological echo chambers for radical conservative thinking? Because if excessive bias in general is what you take issue with, Fox News is demonstrably one of the worst examples of any network (I'd argue even worse than CNN, although MSNBC is pretty high up there in its liberal skew and could be considered in the same ballpark).

If you don't take just as much issue with Fox News for its prejudiced coverage simply because it aligns more with your way of thinking, than you should be more straightforward and say what really bothers you about CNN and MSNBC: liberal bias.

[Image: giphy.gif]
07-11-2015, 05:21 PM
(07-11-2015 05:12 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(07-11-2015 04:35 PM)Alla Wrote:  Sorry, I will check it out right now.

Alla, I don't know how old you are but I remember when the republican party was not taken over by the religious right. The Republicans have been pulled so far to the right by the teabaggers that even fairly conservative presidents from the past wouldn't be able to get elected today. Even Ronald Reagan would be too liberal for the republican party these days.

You're probably too young to remember a man named Barry Goldwater (well, I am too, believe it or not) but Barry Goldwater was a very, very conservative Republican who ran against Lyndon Johnson in 1964 and lost in a landslide. He was a religious man but warned the Republican party about religion getting mixed up with politics. That was five decades ago, way back when.

“Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them.”

It's like Goldwater had a damned crystal ball. Truer words were never said. The mixing of religion and politics is going to, and already has, fractured the Republican party. Maybe you're not a Republican, but if you are I'd take a little advice from Goldwater and look for politicians who don't mix the two, otherwise the Republicans are cooked.

I'm not sure how you are coming to this conclusion. I'm as anti religion as any of the atheists here, but I know for a fact that republicans aren't going anywhere.

For some reason, democrats are only focused on winning the presidency. They think the president controls everything, like a king or something. If you take a look around the country, democrats are only interested in the top spot. They aren't doing anything else.

While democrats show up in droves for presidential elections, they are getting smashed across the board in congressional elections, governors races and state legislatures. They have a few state strongholds, like ultra liberal New York, California, Hawaii, Washington, Oregon and Nevada. But the rest of the country is rapidly turning red.

Consider this:

Republicans now hold 64% of the state governor positions.
Republicans have total or split control of 76% of state legislatures.
Democrats have lost 913 state legislature seats since 2010.
Republicans have gained 69 seats in the House of Reps and 13 in the senate since 2008.
Democrats have unified control (the governor and state legislative majority) in only 7 states. Republicans have 25 states under unified control.

It doesn't matter if Hillary gets elected. Or Bernie Sanders. Or Kermit the Frog.

Their agenda won't go anywhere. No laws will be passed. A democrat in the oval office will be a lame duck. The democrats, that is the leadership, politicians, and their voters, are watching everything but the presidency turn red, and if they stay home playing video games in November 2016, they'll lose that too.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
07-11-2015, 05:23 PM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2015 05:26 PM by ClydeLee.)
(07-11-2015 05:18 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(07-11-2015 04:28 PM)Alla Wrote:  No source is 100% trustworthy and unbiased. But sources like CNN and MSNBC are super biased. I remember how they loved Obama and how they hated Romney.
They helped Obama they wanted to destroy Romney. They did great job.
Now they want to destroy Ben Carson or any conservative. Shame on them for being biased.

I remember in another thread that you said you utilize Fox News for information on news events. If you truly are disgusted with MSNBC and CNN for bias, are you also appalled at how Fox News operates as one of the most blatant ideological echo chambers for radical conservative thinking? Because if excessive bias in general is what you take issue with, Fox News is demonstrably one of the worst examples of any network (I'd argue even worse than CNN, although MSNBC is a pretty high up there in its liberal skew and could be considered in the same ballpark).

If you don't take just as much issue with Fox News for its prejudiced coverage simply because it aligns more with your way of thinking, than you should be more straightforward and say what really bothers you about CNN and MSNBC: liberal bias.

msnbc does not have a liberal bias at all.. They have a democratic party bias.

CurrentTV(no longer existing) but the internet offshoot of several folks from it The Young Turks have a liberal bias. MSNBC is only liberal in the essence of "more liberal than" in reference to their cable competitors. Though they mainly are not liberal in any scaling range.

(07-11-2015 04:20 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(07-11-2015 03:35 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  How about a definition instead of examples. Or you could define what makes any particular example the case and another Non-example not the case.
Who cares how I define "mainstream media". I know their names or faces. Many people know them and listen to them. I gave you references where you can find those people. Those bias people.

Then there is no reason to take any points you say with any earnest integrity or sense of intelligence. In fact, there is no means to justify that FOXNews is any less Mainstream than CNN/MSNBC. They are more watched, on more basic cable network packages(cox media & Direct TV often take off the other two in lowest coverages) In no reality but Foxnews's self image, are they any less mainstream media than any other network news stations.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
07-11-2015, 05:25 PM
(07-11-2015 04:28 PM)Alla Wrote:  No source is 100% trustworthy and unbiased. But sources like CNN and MSNBC are super biased.

How do feel about Al Jazerra America? They're rapidly becoming my favorite go to no spin zone.

#sigh
07-11-2015, 05:26 PM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2015 06:02 PM by Tartarus Sauce.)
(07-11-2015 05:23 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(07-11-2015 05:18 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  I remember in another thread that you said you utilize Fox News for information on news events. If you truly are disgusted with MSNBC and CNN for bias, are you also appalled at how Fox News operates as one of the most blatant ideological echo chambers for radical conservative thinking? Because if excessive bias in general is what you take issue with, Fox News is demonstrably one of the worst examples of any network (I'd argue even worse than CNN, although MSNBC is a pretty high up there in its liberal skew and could be considered in the same ballpark).

msnbc does not have a liberal bias at all.. They have a democratic party bias.

CurrentTV(no longer existing) but the internet offshoot of several folks from it The Young Turks have a liberal bias. MSNBC is only liberal in the essence of "more liberal than" in reference to their cable competitors. Though they mainly are not liberal in any scaling range.

You do see who I'm trying to deal with here, right? I'm trying to cede her some ground so she can come to an understanding.

[Image: giphy.gif]
07-11-2015, 05:30 PM
(07-11-2015 05:21 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(07-11-2015 05:12 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Alla, I don't know how old you are but I remember when the republican party was not taken over by the religious right. The Republicans have been pulled so far to the right by the teabaggers that even fairly conservative presidents from the past wouldn't be able to get elected today. Even Ronald Reagan would be too liberal for the republican party these days.

I'm not sure how you are coming to this conclusion. I'm as anti religion as any of the atheists here, but I know for a fact that republicans aren't going anywhere.

For some reason, democrats are only focused on winning the presidency. They think the president controls everything, like a king or something. If you take a look around the country, democrats are only interested in the top spot. They aren't doing anything else.

While democrats show up in droves for presidential elections, they are getting smashed across the board in congressional elections, governors races and state legislatures. They have a few state strongholds, like ultra liberal New York, California, Hawaii, Washington, Oregon and Nevada. But the rest of the country is rapidly turning red.

Consider this:

Republicans now hold 64% of the state governor positions.
Republicans have total or split control of 76% of state legislatures.
Democrats have lost 913 state legislature seats since 2010.
Republicans have gained 69 seats in the House of Reps and 13 in the senate since 2008.
Democrats have unified control (the governor and state legislative majority) in only 7 states. Republicans have 25 states under unified control.

It doesn't matter if Hillary gets elected. Or Bernie Sanders. Or Kermit the Frog.

Their agenda won't go anywhere. No laws will be passed. A democrat in the oval office will be a lame duck. The democrats, that is the leadership, politicians, and their voters, are watching everything but the presidency turn red, and if they stay home playing video games in November 2016, they'll lose that too.
If you've not understood why Demcratic candidates get stronger numbers in droves for presidential elections and the opposite effect with Republicans getting it in the other elections on your own without it resulting in some diverted slant or attack then I guess you'll just not grasp it.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post