benefits of deconversion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-07-2014, 10:39 AM
benefits of deconversion
I have heard Seth and others talk about how atheism is so much better than Christianity in terms of liberation of self and, for myself, I agree. However, I know how difficult it was for me to break away from the church and consequently the relationships I had there. I tend not to try to argue with anyone regarding their beliefs in part because I know how difficult the transition is. There is a lot of pain and potential for damage in the transition, especially for those who are older and are/were members of the clergy. Anyone else worrying about this?Huh If this doesn't worry you, can you explain your reasons to me?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes twillsheep's post
16-07-2014, 11:19 AM
RE: benefits of deconversion
(16-07-2014 10:39 AM)twillsheep Wrote:  I have heard Seth and others talk about how atheism is so much better than Christianity in terms of liberation of self and, for myself, I agree. However, I know how difficult it was for me to break away from the church and consequently the relationships I had there. I tend not to try to argue with anyone regarding their beliefs in part because I know how difficult the transition is. There is a lot of pain and potential for damage in the transition, especially for those who are older and are/were members of the clergy. Anyone else worrying about this?Huh If this doesn't worry you, can you explain your reasons to me?

I have an elderly aunt whose life would fall apart if she lost her belief system.

Personally, it didn't affect me much at all, but then I deconverted very early.

Welcome to TTA!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
16-07-2014, 11:24 AM
RE: benefits of deconversion
I smell newb flesh [Image: evil-smile-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862503].

When I left Christianity I stopped feeling such an overwhelming sense of hatred towards others as I was taught being a Christian and after leaving Islam after that then I just became a big teddy bear. Atheism really made me happy and benefited my life

Crazy you say?
Wouldn't a crazy man ask another man if he was crazy?! Hobo