bernie sanders the conservative???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-02-2016, 01:03 PM
bernie sanders the conservative???
all i know over the past years have changed. I was looking at life threw a conservative lense and still agree with the "ideas" they say they are for. like small government. let me start from the being though. I just took one of those political polls that tell you what you are and it said I was libral... but when I read it reasoning and liberal reasoning... I couldn't bring myself to agree with it. it said that government actions promote good in the world and I by definition am for small government. I just see it as the conservatives are liberal 2.0.. but instead of wanting big social programs they want big military. it's sd though that I seem to think that the conservatives
have good principles but they don't have the convictions to back them up....

and let's not forget the librarians. they are the lets slice the paper ever thinner crowd. I just feel sad that there isn't a libral party version of lets keep small government tat dose that without being taking society to where there are two steps towards anarchy.... believe orr not I believe bernie sanders is the true concervative in he race or at least closer to that ideal than the right is.... I guess it comes down to government isn't always the answer but it still should be big enough to work and do the things it needs to do. every thing else I agree with the left on with out going to far. given the overtin window I believe he is truly a centrist and not a liberal... but that's just me.. what do you think....Laugh out loadBowing

p.s. lest not forget that obama care was first proposed by Richard Nixon and thought up by the freedom foundation and other conservative think tanks... basically conservatives agree with their own ideology till a moderate says t then they go full neocon.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2016, 02:56 PM
RE: bernie sanders the conservative???
...what?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
06-02-2016, 03:06 PM
(06-02-2016 02:56 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  ...what?

Bernie sanders is a moderate according to what I view as the overtin window moving extremely right.... I haven't read a lot of it yet ut here is a link.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overton_window

that would make the current republicans neocons and the far left{welll besides sjw's}... moderates... I look at it like this.. If everybody politically moved to the right and no one where paying attention... how would you know.. this is what has happened. we ow have a centrist running as a liberal but in the past he would be considered a center left guy.... that's what i am getting at lol... and yes I was being funny when i said Bernie sanders was a conservative but he is closer to that hen a lot of people seem to think he is. being that he is a true moderate.

06-02-2016, 03:08 PM
and yes conservatives are now as just for big government as the liberals.. their just for big military.. and not foir big social programs...

06-02-2016, 03:19 PM
That's part of the probably of the proclaimed and presumed left-right dichotomy. It's flawed.

The 4 quadrants angles like these: [Image: ideology-ss11-6-638.jpg?cb=1411752423]

And there is thousands of charts and angles of that out and aboot that describe ideas more accurately than a left/right limited function. I'm sure you can be more accurate if you go beyond merely a 4 way view and include more specific sections within the scope you use too.

The whole "big government" phrase itself is just a catchall used to rally people against parts of government they want.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
06-02-2016, 04:01 PM
What exactly is "small government"?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
06-02-2016, 04:14 PM
In my opinion small government means two things... no unnecessary programs.. like subsidizing fish farms or something when it's not possible... anddd..... losing programs that are hemeraging money.. lol.

06-02-2016, 04:18 PM
(06-02-2016 04:14 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  In my opinion small government means two things... no unnecessary programs.. like subsidizing fish farms or something when it's not possible... anddd..... losing programs that are hemeraging money.. lol.

Not exactly a definite answer. Does anyone know? It sounds more like the government wants to sell the country to corporations to take care of everything they are too lazy to do. Such as infrastructure etc.

Rome sold off many of its public assets. To its everlasting regret.

But humans ignore history.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
06-02-2016, 04:22 PM
(06-02-2016 01:03 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  and let's not forget the librarians. they are the lets slice the paper ever thinner crowd.

Yeah, beware of those paper-slicing librarians. Shocking

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
06-02-2016, 04:29 PM
(06-02-2016 04:22 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-02-2016 01:03 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  and let's not forget the librarians. they are the lets slice the paper ever thinner crowd.

Yeah, beware of those paper-slicing librarians. Shocking

In other words... keeping the government so small it's ineffective.

p.s. soorry i spell checked that one to death...