bible

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-11-2013, 01:42 AM
bible
I'm thinking of memorizing one of the books of the bible as a sort of challenge and also because I think it would be useful for me to know.
Any suggestions on which one I should choose.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-11-2013, 06:55 AM
RE: bible
Genesis 1 and 2. They are a constant topic of debate, full of contradictions with each other and are the foundation of four very evil religions.

You can lead a theist to reason, but, you cannot make him think.
[+] 1 user Likes NoSkyDaddy's post
23-11-2013, 07:07 AM
Where the part where Jesus gets all uppity and declares that his followers must hate their family?

... I'm not trying to be helpful. I tried to read the Bible, never got past Genesis 1: most vapid book I ever read so I'm not exactly up on the things people should read in it.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
23-11-2013, 07:33 AM (This post was last modified: 23-11-2013 07:33 PM by DLJ.)
Better off memorising Shakespeare.

It has much more depth and better jokes.

Start with Hamlet.

[+] 7 users Like DLJ's post
23-11-2013, 11:30 AM
What a colossal waste of time and effort. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-11-2013, 12:08 PM
If you have to......how about the book of Thomas?

"People don't go to heaven when they die; they're taken to a special room and burned!" Evil_monster
23-11-2013, 04:19 PM
Memorize a chapter of Fanny Hill instead. It will do you more good.

[Image: reality.jpg?imgmax=800]
23-11-2013, 04:55 PM
Genesis would be a fun one, since I feel as though I understand Genesis well. Although I was thinking possibly a gospel.

Also I wouldn't mind memorizing some Shakespeare as well, I would love to learn Hamlet. I just feel as though the bible has a nice set up for memorizing. Being nicely divided into chapters and verses.

Also Since I'm a devote Catholic who is at a very Catholic university, Memorizing a book in the Bible is fairly useful.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
23-11-2013, 04:58 PM
Psalms should keep you busy for a while. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
23-11-2013, 05:06 PM
(23-11-2013 07:07 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Where the part where Jesus gets all uppity and declares that his followers must hate their family?

... I'm not trying to be helpful. I tried to read the Bible, never got past Genesis 1: most vapid book I ever read so I'm not exactly up on the things people should read in it.

Yeah after about the 97th "so-and-so begot so-and-so", I said fuck this! Rolleyes

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 2 users Like Smercury44's post