bible Prophecy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-02-2017, 09:59 AM
bible Prophecy
Some guy told me to watch hope medias discover prophecy I have not done it yet sense as you know by now i am very gullible so I try to avoid things with an clear agenda so perhaps it would be better if a less credulous person analyze it please.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2017, 10:11 AM
RE: bible Prophecy
The role of a "prophet" in Hebrew society was not to tell the future.
Omen reading, soothsaying and divination were forbidden.
The entire enterprise of "prophesy as prediction of the future" is a totally (ignorant) misunderstanding of the role of a prophet in that culture.
Prophets were advisers to the people OF THEIR OWN time.
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid257278

Even IF one accepts the ignorant notion that it was prediction, as many didn't happen as did. http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Biblical_prophecies
http://infidels.org/library/modern/farre...phecy.html
http://faithskeptic.50megs.com/prophecies.htm
http://madmikesamerica.com/2011/04/six-f...rophecies/

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
06-02-2017, 10:12 AM
Hope Media? You mean this Hope Media?

Hope Media Ministry is a faith venture, fully committed to sharing God's message around the world. Our copyright policies are dictated by this mission and our ability to effectively fulfill this demand in a cost-effective manner. Many people think this is a large ministry with a building and staff but actually, Hope is very small and has worked out of a home for over ten years.

The mission of Hope Media is to get the message out and help people prepare for Christ
[sic] soon return. Sales are what make this ministry run, since we have no other outside source of income or sponsors at this time. We have survived for several years with this concept at the forefront of our ministry. But we do need your prayers and generous support, if we are to continue in this unique ministry.

http://www.hopevideo.com/about.htm

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
06-02-2017, 10:17 AM
(06-02-2017 10:12 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Hope Media? You mean this Hope Media?

Hope Media Ministry is a faith venture, fully committed to sharing God's message around the world. Our copyright policies are dictated by this mission and our ability to effectively fulfill this demand in a cost-effective manner. Many people think this is a large ministry with a building and staff but actually, Hope is very small and has worked out of a home for over ten years.

The mission of Hope Media is to get the message out and help people prepare for Christ
[sic] soon return. Sales are what make this ministry run, since we have no other outside source of income or sponsors at this time. We have survived for several years with this concept at the forefront of our ministry. But we do need your prayers and generous support, if we are to continue in this unique ministry.

http://www.hopevideo.com/about.htm

"Oh come on, they didn't really put just Christ instead of Christ's..." said I, thinking you had to have misread, and then nope, it was like, "No, I shouldn't doubt RS, he's right as usual."

I don't know how much I trust the prophecies of people who are unable to plumb the depths of mystery that are the use of an Apostrophe.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Shai Hulud's post
06-02-2017, 10:23 AM
Yeah there are 24 long videos on prophecy i think.
06-02-2017, 10:32 AM
Not only long, but $99 each.

No point fleecing the gullible if you don't get to the bottom of their wallet. Laugh out load

Sneroul, seriously, read again what Bucky pointed out to you about the nature of Hebrew "prophets". It doesn't mean what Christians claim it means. If you read each of the books that the Christian prophecy ministries claim are predictions of the future (the soon-present, as they'd say!), you'll note that every passage starts with talking about the specific people to whom the Hebrew prophet is speaking... and it's not to someone in the future.

For instance, the famous passage in Isaiah chapter 7, which they use to justify the claim that Jesus was foretold to be born of a virgin, actually comes from a section in which the prophet is telling the king of Israel, "there is someone recently born who will save this kingdom from what is happening", and he doesn't use the Hebrew word for virgin, but simply a word meaning "a young woman".

Anyone who has studied Judaism knows this. But Christians, especially evangelicals, seem capable of completely ignoring it. They usually do this by reading only a few "relevant" verses, instead of taking the entire passage as a single story, as it was written.

Don't believe me about this... go read the passage for yourself. Start at the beginning of Isaiah and read the first seven chapters, and it will jump right out at you.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
06-02-2017, 10:40 AM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2017 10:43 AM by Minimalist.)
[/quote]19 “This is what the Sovereign Lord says: When I make you a desolate city, like cities no longer inhabited, and when I bring the ocean depths over you and its vast waters cover you, 20 then I will bring you down with those who go down to the pit, to the people of long ago. I will make you dwell in the earth below, as in ancient ruins, with those who go down to the pit, and you will not return or take your place[c] in the land of the living. 21 I will bring you to a horrible end and you will be no more. You will be sought, but you will never again be found, declares the Sovereign Lord.”

Exekiel 26
Quote:[Image: tyreleb.jpg]

Makes god out to be something of a fuck-up!

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
06-02-2017, 10:49 AM
(06-02-2017 09:59 AM)sneroul the thinker Wrote:  Some guy told me to watch hope medias discover prophecy I have not done it yet sense as you know by now i am very gullible so I try to avoid things with an clear agenda so perhaps it would be better if a less credulous person analyze it please.

I have to ask; do you watch every religious YouTube video that "some guy" tells you to watch? Why?

And if you're not really keen to watch it (as you've confirmed here), then why are you so concerned about it? Don't waste any energy even thinking about it. Assuming you're an atheist, this sort of openly proselytising video is just gonna be a total waste of your time anyway. And it's presenter, David Arse-cheek is a total fucking moron. And a member of the Seventh Day Adventist cult. Stay well away mate.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
06-02-2017, 11:29 AM
Yeah its funny even if I subscribe to the whole christian thing which one? If i joined the local evangelical church my friends in Rome won't think my soul is safer than it was prior and vice versa. I spend allot of time as child reading books about demon possesion.ghost and miracles maby thats why imm so credulous.
06-02-2017, 11:41 AM
I have always noticed that the christian religion seems far away from what the old testament teaches. the snake in gennesis for example is clearly an animal and is punished by crawling on the ground i do wonder how it moved before that. tales of talking animals are extremely common in all cultures. I live in Africa tales like the one in gennesis is very common among the native folk.
[+] 2 users Like sneroul the thinker's post