"bible belt"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-09-2012, 07:40 PM
RE: "bible belt"
(27-09-2012 07:35 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(27-09-2012 07:03 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Just don't make your next move to SC! Egads...what a place for a freethinker to avoid.

Ehrman says that IS the buckle. I'd's like to take a class from him.

I wanna go for a tour!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-09-2012, 08:01 PM
I was reared in the bible belt, in the mountains of TN. I found it to be a terrible place as a teen. I couldn't wait to leave. After being gone for 5 years I came back because I actually missed it. I may be an Atheist, but the people here are well-meaning, compassionate, and very sweet. They aren't exactly tolerant of Atheists, but I am okay with that. From my experience people frowned upon Atheism no matter where I went in the world. I have a great immediate, and extended family, lots of love, and a willingness to help out. I have yet to find a place where I would want to live more and I have traveled across the eastern United States, the west coast of the US, Ireland, Germany, Kuwait, Afghanistan, and spent a lot of time with people from pretty much all of Europe (east and west, north and south) and some folks from the middle east, East and South Africa and north east Asia. I will take living in the mountains of TN over all of them.

[+] 2 users Like Dark Light's post
27-09-2012, 08:34 PM
I'm in the

[Image: horatio-explosion-1.gif]

Bible Boot

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
27-09-2012, 10:01 PM
I was born and raised in South Mississippi. I escaped in 2007 for Minnesota, thankfully.
27-09-2012, 10:09 PM
(27-09-2012 08:01 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I was reared in the bible belt, in the mountains of TN. I found it to be a terrible place as a teen. I couldn't wait to leave. After being gone for 5 years I came back because I actually missed it. I may be an Atheist, but the people here are well-meaning, compassionate, and very sweet. They aren't exactly tolerant of Atheists, but I am okay with that. From my experience people frowned upon Atheism no matter where I went in the world. I have a great immediate, and extended family, lots of love, and a willingness to help out. I have yet to find a place where I would want to live more and I have traveled across the eastern United States, the west coast of the US, Ireland, Germany, Kuwait, Afghanistan, and spent a lot of time with people from pretty much all of Europe (east and west, north and south) and some folks from the middle east, East and South Africa and north east Asia. I will take living in the mountains of TN over all of them.

Heart I totally understand. I feel that way about my home place. There's no place like home.
27-09-2012, 10:12 PM
I spent some time in Biloxi, fortunately the least crazy part of Mississippi. Never going back, except to visit my sister and her kid.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
29-09-2012, 10:02 AM
I live in Oklahoma as well, Norman, I'd never leave. I know enough progressive people here that I'm not accused of Satanism much if at all. I also love the University here, so I want to stay here. (The Severe Weather is also worth it).

-summum ius, summa iniuria.-M. T. Cicero
-I will show you fear in a handful of dust.-T.S. Eliot
-
ἡ φύσις οὐδὲν ποιεῖ ἅλματα