billboard

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-01-2014, 08:26 PM
RE: billboard
This billboard, put up by an Anglican church of all things in New Zealand, was defaced within hours by other Christians. And they have continued the trend with other provocative billboards.

Manifest Insanity @ Amazon
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-01-2014, 09:03 PM
Re: RE: billboard
(26-01-2014 08:26 PM)Diogenes of Mayberry Wrote:  This billboard, put up by an Anglican church of all things in New Zealand, was defaced within hours by other Christians. And they have continued the trend with other provocative billboards.

Interesting development. From your first link:

Quote: Another, identified as Andrew M, wrote: "I for one think this is an excellent billboard. Challenging and thought-provoking. Just what it was intended to be."

I have bolded the bit that is obviously a cause for concern on the part of the RCC.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes TristramLennard's post
26-01-2014, 09:39 PM
I posted something on this thread earlier but it was during the crash so it never made it.

Basically what I said was, "How does this differ from the changeable signs on church lawns? Do they offend you? They are private signs and are paid for by private citizens. Don't like it? Pay for one yourself that says evolution is truth. Or drive on a different road. As long as these signs are NOT in public schools or on government lands (like hanging above the steps of the courthouse) then I don't give a shit. It's one of the things that makes America great, because people can express their feelings and I defend that right, even if it stands for everything I'm against."

Just ignore it.

Check out my atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-01-2014, 10:52 PM
What does make me very happy is when I see the local atheist group's adopt a highway sign. Or the ads for their soup kitchen. Really great group,
26-01-2014, 11:38 PM
(26-01-2014 07:15 PM)Atheos666 Wrote:  As much as I would like to, I don't think that would help the case that the religous seem to have that atheists are immoral

...well obviously, you don't want to get caught. You could leave a Church of Scientology card in the debris... Evil_monster

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
[+] 1 user Likes toadaly's post
26-01-2014, 11:51 PM
Get some money together and put up your own sign...
[Image: stop_following_me_creationist.jpg]

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post