blazebots "happy a HS Valedictorian rips up speech and talks "god", and prays.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2013, 01:13 PM
blazebots "happy a HS Valedictorian rips up speech and talks "god", and prays.
It is so funny to see what "theblaze.com" promotes as a story. . . . . then how excited most of the replies [about the story] praise it. There is a story where a High School Valedictorian rips up the approved speech and decides to talk about christian things, . . .then says "the lord's prayer", . . and the audience gives "wild applause".

They make it sound like christians are some sort of persecuted sect and this kid "gave them a black eye by doing this". They invent a "war on christians" and a fictitious "win for us", . . . and those who reply about it just eat it up.

Absurd!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2013, 01:19 PM
RE: blazebots "happy a HS Valedictorian rips up speech and talks "god", and prays.
Unsure
Link?

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
05-06-2013, 01:20 PM
RE: blazebots "happy a HS Valedictorian rips up speech and talks "god", and prays.
Yea....a friend told me once that they [christians] must feel persecuted because jebus was. It's about walking in his footsteps. So the more persecuted they feel, the better. It's a form of martyrdom.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

05-06-2013, 01:49 PM
Sorry, . . .

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/06/...r#comments
05-06-2013, 01:54 PM
(05-06-2013 01:20 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Yea....a friend told me once that they [christians] must feel persecuted because jebus was. It's about walking in his footsteps. So the more persecuted they feel, the better. It's a form of martyrdom.

Indeed. And Jesus predicted all this would happen to his followers:

John 15:18 ESV /
“If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you.

Luke 6:22 ESV /
“Blessed are you when people hate you and when they exclude you and revile you and spurn your name as evil, on account of the Son of Man!

John 15:19 ESV /
"If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. "

And there are many, many more verses on the topic throughout God's Letter to His Children.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
05-06-2013, 03:11 PM
Kid had his diploma in hand so the school really couldn't do anything about it.

Its just sad that he must be somewhat smart to be the valedictorian and he's been so brainwashed to believe the fairy tale.

Ignorance and Fear 1
Hope for the human race 0
[+] 2 users Like devilsadvoc8's post
05-06-2013, 07:23 PM
devilsadvoc8, . . that's kinda how I saw it. "Yay!! I believe in magic beings!!! . . . . Outside of any credible evidence at all, . . . . and I got the best grades!!"

What is certain is that the christian community believes that "there is a war on christians". It's ridiculous.
05-06-2013, 07:39 PM
So, this kid gets crowd adoration for making, what would have been a memorable moment in these high school kids' lives, all about god... instead of about them and their future. Evidently, being at the top of the class means stepping on and disregarding responsibility to others, in order to get there.

Thanks dumb ass.
When I say dumb ass, I do mean god. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
05-06-2013, 07:50 PM
(05-06-2013 07:39 PM)kim Wrote:  Thanks dumb ass.

Why do you atheists hate god so much? Tongue

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
05-06-2013, 07:54 PM
(05-06-2013 07:50 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(05-06-2013 07:39 PM)kim Wrote:  Thanks dumb ass.

Why do you atheists hate god so much? Tongue

Because he ignores us! He won't whisper in my mind, he won't come into my heart. What a stuck up prick! Angry

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post