blogs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-05-2014, 06:22 PM
blogs
Something I noticed on here is that I do not see a place for blogs anywhere.

It would be cool to have those. Plus maybe a tab somewhere that goes to a page for new blogs for "lets set the last 2 days worth" etc. Allow for commenting back and forth on them and the like button etc.

I think those would be really neat to have. Wouldn't you say?

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-05-2014, 06:24 PM
RE: blogs
Might be interesting...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
22-05-2014, 06:25 PM
I don't want to know what happens if we all have blogs.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
22-05-2014, 06:25 PM
(22-05-2014 06:25 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  I don't want to know what happens if we all have blogs.

Lots and lots of bullshitting?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
22-05-2014, 06:28 PM
(22-05-2014 06:25 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 06:25 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  I don't want to know what happens if we all have blogs.

Lots and lots of bullshitting?

Yeah. I would just move metazoa info there. I don't know what the rest of you freaks would do.Dodgy

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
22-05-2014, 06:30 PM
(22-05-2014 06:22 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Something I noticed on here is that I do not see a place for blogs anywhere.

It would be cool to have those. Plus maybe a tab somewhere that goes to a page for new blogs for "lets set the last 2 days worth" etc. Allow for commenting back and forth on them and the like button etc.

I think those would be really neat to have. Wouldn't you say?

How is that different than just starting a thread and posting?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
22-05-2014, 08:03 PM
A lot of TTA blogs would go unused. A history forum I belong to has had a blog option for years, but few ever use them. I'm one of only a few members who updates theirs regularly.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
22-05-2014, 10:24 PM
From the few places I have been to that use them, blogs were always used moderately. The difference between the blog and a post is that it cuts down on spam and topics that are not really heavy enough to warrant a discussion on them.

An example would be for me:

I would write a blog about my current progress on my Garden in my backyard.

It is the very first garden I have ever done and many things I have tried to plant out back there never even sprouted and went through great lengths to make something happen. I now have radishes, corn, spinach, 3 kinds of peppers ((Thai, Habinaro, Chili (the kind used in curry and stuff) and some other kind I forget the name of)) as-well-as, Cilantro and LOTS of potatoes too!

I do not know how to tell if the potatoes are going to be done or how big they are since they are underground. So that will take a lot of research.

So, if we use the blogs to write interesting notes about life or about topics that would not require debate or really warrant a huge topic discussion on them. Then I think we could get some good use out of it. If enough people treat it well enough and write some interesting enough papers.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
22-05-2014, 10:27 PM

I have blogs.

Good blogs. Shy
23-05-2014, 12:54 AM
I like the idea, but it's really pointless on an internet forum.
Spam isn't that big of an issue here, if someone wanted to make a thread about their garden and constantly update it every week or whatever, that wouldn't be an issue.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post