born an atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-10-2013, 01:07 PM
RE: born an atheist
(16-10-2013 08:32 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(16-10-2013 07:32 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  I tend to think we are all born agnostics rather than atheists...

I think to be an atheist you must at least know what a god is supposed to be. A newborn child doesn't even know its human, let alone be able to ponder the origins of the universe... How can you say whether or not you believe in a god unless you know what one is?
I think that's precisely why you wouldn't believe in a god. If you don't even yet have the concept of a god, how could you possibly believe in one? For the same reason, you couldn't be agnostic about one either. The whole matter just wouldn't be in your thoughts - so you would lack a belief (and everything else too) about gods.

It is becoming increasingly difficult to draw a line between agnostic and atheist... It seems that agnostics don't believe any more than atheists, but perhaps haven't quite managed to close the door on religion completely for whatever reason... Or perhaps they've never given it much thought anyway.

Whether you came to the atheist conclusion as a child or an adult, or whether it took you seconds or months to reach it is neither here nor there, the point is you made a decision, which is the one thing agnostics haven't done.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply