Poll: do you agree with the message of burn a quran day?
yes
no
[Show Results]

burn a quran

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-10-2010, 02:37 AM

RE: burn a quran
(12-10-2010 02:11 AM)No J. Wrote:  
(11-10-2010 08:20 PM)GassyKitten Wrote:  Islam promises itself to be a religion of peace, once the whole world is converted unto it, by force!

Reminds me of the Third Reich.

I'm personally of the opinion that monotheistic religion and peace are mutually exclusive. you CAN NOT have one and the other at the same time. As long as there are imaginary people to rally around and prophets whose words are open to interpretation, there will be exclusion and bigotry. islam can not be a religion of peace because it preaches intolerance, as do christianity and judaism.
Quote this message in a reply
12-10-2010, 02:41 AM
(12-10-2010 02:37 AM)Soldieringon Wrote:  
(11-10-2010 08:20 PM)GassyKitten Wrote:  Islam promises itself to be a religion of peace, once the whole world is converted unto it, by force!

I'm personally of the opinion that monotheistic religion and peace are mutually exclusive. you CAN NOT have one and the other at the same time. As long as there are imaginary people to rally around and prophets whose words are open to interpretation, there will be exclusion and bigotry. islam can not be a religion of peace because it preaches intolerance, as do christianity and judaism.

That discribes the inner politics of the Third Reich.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-10-2010, 06:53 AM
"do you agree with the message of burn a quran day?"
No.
Do I agree that they would have had the right to do so?
Yes.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MindprowlerMusic
12-10-2010, 10:54 AM
I can't believe I never put my two cents into this (or maybe I did and read over it when skimming through the thread). I think anyone has any right to burn a holy book. What about the holy book makes it physically so special? It's been bound by machines and printed on by machines, and sold to anyone who would buy it. Even if you burn the book, that doesn't change its significance to the religion, nor does it make the "morals" in the book any less valuable to the religion. "Aw, you burned the book. We put a lot of faith into the book, but you had to go and disagree with it. Now we need a new book. Anyone up for some L. Ron Hubbard?"

Burning a book is nothing more than voicing your disagreement with the book.

[Image: 4hs9p5.png]

"Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame gays than let orphans have a family."
-Stephen Colbert
12-10-2010, 04:57 PM

(12-10-2010 02:37 AM)Soldieringon Wrote:  

I would agree with you here.

It's much like the platitude, "Visualize world peace" . Lovely notion, especially helpful to beauty pageant contestants when asked what they aspire to achieve wearing the crown. "World peace!"

And yet, wholly unrealistic. In order for world peace to manifest, everyone on earth would have to concur as to what that peace entails, and then live by it.
Hasn't happened in the history of the whole human race. Will never happen in the rest of what's left to make new history. We're territorial, arrogant, self-absorbed/selfish, higher animals. (some are higher than others, but that's another thread. ) We thrive on conquest, acquisition. We shit where we eat.

Some of us imagine, because some invisible Santa for adults who wrote a book, "said" we are to have dominion over the earth and all that walks, crawls or flies, that it is so. And yet, our air is polluted, our waters are fluoridated to make it drinkable, our soils are contaminated, we have evolved the knowledge of how to split the atom and yet not the technology wherein we can safely dispose of nuclear waste, save for burying it. Our sea's are dumping grounds for garbage and human waste, including bio-hazardous hospital waste, and then some of us are shocked and amazed when Cetaceans like Whales and Dolphins, Porpoise, beach and on necropsy are found to have Cetacean AIDS.

So any mythology, superstition, organized religion (as opposed to disorganized? ) promising peace behind and within it's tradition and scripture, are simply invoking the traditional human animal ego that says, peace will be accomplished once everyone holds one faith, so everyone of that faith can feel no threat from anyone prone to free thought.

As it so often appears freedom and Peace, are also mutually exclusive.
09-12-2010, 03:58 PM

burn no book... no matter how repugnant it might be. if we never read the bible even just parts of it, we would not be as informed as we are today..... one must read to learn, do you hear me Mrs. Palin??
09-12-2010, 09:44 PM
(09-12-2010 03:58 PM)freethinker1 Wrote:  do you hear me Mrs. Palin??

I think you will need a 100,000,000 watt PA system. Tongue
09-12-2010, 09:53 PM

(09-12-2010 03:58 PM)freethinker1 Wrote:  burn no book... no matter how repugnant it might be. if we never read the bible even just parts of it, we would not be as informed as we are today..... one must read to learn, do you hear me Mrs. Palin??

Do you know what Islam says is the only proper and respectful way to dispose of a Quran?

Burning.

Do you know what the proper and respectful way to dispose of a Bible, according to some Christian sect's "elders" is?

Burning.

Do you know what the proper and respectful method to dispose of a torn and damaged American flag is?

Burning.
10-12-2010, 09:37 AM

(09-12-2010 09:53 PM)GassyKitten Wrote:  
(09-12-2010 03:58 PM)freethinker1 Wrote:  burn no book... no matter how repugnant it might be. if we never read the bible even just parts of it, we would not be as informed as we are today..... one must read to learn, do you hear me Mrs. Palin??

Do you know what Islam says is the only proper and respectful way to dispose of a Quran?

Burning.

Do you know what the proper and respectful way to dispose of a Bible, according to some Christian sect's "elders" is?

Burning.

Do you know what the proper and respectful method to dispose of a torn and damaged American flag is?

Burning.

indeed.... yet if done while protesting, for arts sake, or to make a political point, it becomes "offencive". its even more offencive when the self righteous do it to shine favor on their viewpoint, and its supremely offencive when done to prevent others from gaining knowledge.
24-01-2011, 10:14 AM
Personally I've no issue with the burning of anything that advocates rape, slavery, genocide, inequality, racism, child abuse, torture...