Poll: do you agree with the message of burn a quran day?
yes
no
[Show Results]

burn a quran

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-09-2010, 04:36 PM
burn a quran
i would like to know your opinions on this. As a german i´m a bit hypersensitive when it comes to burning book, but honestly sometimes ißm a bit sad that there is no hell for people like that to go to...

in my opinion

DON´T BURN ANY BOOKS NO MATTER HOW NONSENSICAL THEY MAY BE, ESPECIALLY TO DELIBERATELY AND USELESSLY OFFEND MINORITIES WHO´RE UNABLE TO DEFEND THEMSELVES ANYWAY !!!

EMO, because homo is not gay enoughTongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2010, 05:32 PM
RE: burn a quran
As an unrelated side note, I can't believe how much press these morons have gotten.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
08-09-2010, 05:40 PM

I just don't understand why the hell he thinks that by calling his god other name than "Allah" makes him better, or he's god better.

these people are arguing for thousands of years of who has the imaginary friend with the biggest dick!
Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2010, 06:00 PM
Quote:I just don't understand why the hell he thinks that by calling his god other name than "Allah" makes him better, or he's god better.

Have you read any of their comments or some of their printed statements? I think the answer to your question is: because they are batshit crazy.

08-09-2010, 07:50 PM
While I respect their right to burn the Quran, I have moral objections to burning any book.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
08-09-2010, 08:29 PM
yep, burning a book is wrong, and it doesn't do anything but piss off other people. Which is, I guess, maybe the whole point? But what gets me is the place is called "Outreach Dove World Church" (or something like that). OUtreach? Dove? WTF?
09-09-2010, 02:12 AM

Book burnings have very negative undertones in the post-WWII world.

Having said that, book-burning is only a symbolic act. Insofar as I know, there's no law against it (other then burn bans imposed for environmental reasons). No can be offended without their permission. If words or some lawful act offends you, that's your choice! There is no right to not be offended by someone's words or lawful deeds.

Having said that, be aware that if you do something likely to offend someone (such as burning their sacred text or their national flag), you'll get a negative reaction in most cases. That reaction could include violence done against you. It's your right and your choice - be prepared to accept whatever consequences might follow.
Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2010, 04:18 AM
NO. As Israeli whose flag is constantely gets burned in Islamic countries, I think it is very childish and immature to burn the Quran. More over, the messege won't get through their brain, and the ones who will burn the Quran are just getting to the Muslims's level (level which has no respect).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-09-2010, 06:19 AM
I do'nt think they get how incredibly bad image they're giving about themselfs. Drawing a picture of a prophet should'nt be insulting, because usually the artists do not believe that Muhammad should'nt be drawn and even the angry Muslims have to understand that. But burning a book that some group thinks is holy is just showing that you want to insult them.

They have the rights to do it if they really want.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
09-09-2010, 06:27 AM
They absolutely have the right to do this. I don't think that is even in question. What is in question is the sense of it.

Kikko - If you think they are giving themselves a bad image, then you are missing the point of who their target audience is here. There are no shortage of people who are applauding them for this.