cable dvd????

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-08-2016, 05:31 PM
cable dvd????
not that i think this a good idea.. I was just wondering why it hasn't been proposed. i.e. multishow recording but on a single video... I know it's confusing. think a dvd but instead of just putting different video angles or audio tracks... put another channel.. kind of like cable has but on dvd... we have enough old shows to do it with. heck we can through things like the original gundam onto the newest gundam... was just curious to why this wasn't floated to the public as an idea..{ a bad one at that..} anyways.. ty for your time btw....

p.s. maybe even a talk show like the talking dead but on the desk with the walking dead,,, or a radio show about dc marvel and anime on the disk with said shows,

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kunoxian drive's post
09-08-2016, 05:50 PM
RE: cable dvd????
Dude, what the hell are you talking about?

Consider

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-08-2016, 05:53 PM
The more footage you cram onto a single disk, the more you have to compress the video to make it fit.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
09-08-2016, 05:56 PM
we all know how dvds ave secondary audio channels and the ability to switch camera angels if need be. then why not simulate channels.. kind of like how Georgia pbs runs npr on secondary audio except for a dvd ad make it a completely different show.... think about it.. the ability to change channels on a prerecorded media.... kind of like a couple cable channels on a dvd.

09-08-2016, 05:59 PM
(09-08-2016 05:53 PM)cactus Wrote:  The more footage you cram onto a single disk, the more you have to compress the video to make it fit.

ty that's what I wanted to know. that makes since but maybe one day... I mean I recorded ten hours standard definition on a dvd once... lol. so maybe have a way to do that for multiple channels... lol. but i digress. I have no clue of anything in that arena.

09-08-2016, 06:02 PM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2016 06:07 PM by cactus.)
This is how I watch Youtube already. Pause one video halfway through, watch something else, pick it back up later. I just don't see why I would need to do that with the content on a DVD, though. If I pause a movie, I don't go and start watching another movie. I might make exceptions for non-linear TV content, though, like a season of Mythbusters or something.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
09-08-2016, 06:29 PM
what I can see it being used for is shows surrounding shows i.e. dinner and a movie... rifftrax.. the talking dead... not just comentary but show like content pertaining to said show....

10-08-2016, 08:34 AM
What about a single movie where each channel follows a different character or news story? You choose one channel to start with and see a superficial version. The other "angles" and audio tracks fill in detail and show that the impression you walk away with from a naive viewing was actually incorrect.

It might be easier to pull off on YouTube than requiring purchase of disks, though.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.