camping

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-10-2015, 08:26 AM
RE: camping
Now that I have the 4x4 truck I'd like to do more of that. Our Beetles are great for traveling but the ground clearance is atrocious.
A friend texted me early this year with a craigslist deal, a truck he could not afford. Now I have a 4x4 diesel. My 2wd is a great truck but with that heavy engine it could get stuck on an idea Tongue
I think yoga really is the answer here, crawling up off the ground trainingSmile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
30-10-2015, 08:33 AM
(30-10-2015 08:26 AM)skyking Wrote:  Now that I have the 4x4 truck I'd like to do more of that. Our Beetles are great for traveling but the ground clearance is atrocious.
A friend texted me early this year with a craigslist deal, a truck he could not afford. Now I have a 4x4 diesel. My 2wd is a great truck but with that heavy engine it could get stuck on an idea Tongue
I think yoga really is the answer here, crawling up off the ground trainingSmile

Maybe that's why I like to sleep on the ground? Since I'm always on my yoga mat, I'm comfortable there Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
30-10-2015, 09:02 AM
I reserve these group camps every year. If some of you are local, you'd be welcome. It might be appropriate to have a meetup before committing to a weekend in the woods with total strangers though. Big Grin
It is a really good deal. $50 a night and the space is huge, with room for many RVs and cars. I'd estimate about 3 acres all to ourselves. There are areas that are not accessible with bigger rigs that are ideal for tent camping.
The other one we get is Pine Needle.
http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/okawen/re...7&actid=33
It has a challenging driveway, longer trailers may drag bumper (off!) if you're not careful. I bring big boards to bridge the low spot for others.
It has an absolutely idyllic tent spot right on the river, with a firepit.
30-10-2015, 09:08 AM
(30-10-2015 09:02 AM)skyking Wrote:  I reserve these group camps every year. If some of you are local, you'd be welcome. It might be appropriate to have a meetup before committing to a weekend in the woods with total strangers though. Big Grin
It is a really good deal. $50 a night and the space is huge, with room for many RVs and cars. I'd estimate about 3 acres all to ourselves. There are areas that are not accessible with bigger rigs that are ideal for tent camping.
The other one we get is Pine Needle.
http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/okawen/re...7&actid=33
It has a challenging driveway, longer trailers may drag bumper (off!) if you're not careful. I bring big boards to bridge the low spot for others.
It has an absolutely idyllic tent spot right on the river, with a firepit.

I think a TTA camping trip would be fun Thumbsup
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
30-10-2015, 09:11 AM
Yup. Nothing puts the damper on gazing at a beautiful starry sky than some crappy old woo at the wrong moment. THAT wouldn't be happening Tongue
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
30-10-2015, 10:00 AM
Stark, dances, and a few others are up that way...

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 2 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
30-10-2015, 10:07 AM
moms not far either. This is a mobile idea. It could shift south too. maybe just a day trip out to the beach lot, on that very odd nice beach day in Washington Big Grin
30-10-2015, 03:50 PM
(30-10-2015 08:25 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  I prefer wild camping. I have a load of technical equipment and camp on top of a Scottish mountain. It's great to see the sunset and sunrise and to know that you are the only person for miles around.

We didn't get a chance to do it this year even though we're back in Scotland because we were without a car for so long. And the last few years we were in Germany without a car either.

If we stay in Scotland then we'll definitely be doing a lot more wild camping. We've seen lots of interesting wild life alone on top of the mountains. Like a pack of wild horses, an owl that constantly flew a few feet above our heads, huge deer that were munching grass around our tents etc
We drove through a bit of the highlands in 2007. I can see how nice that would be Thumbsup
02-11-2015, 12:39 PM
One of my favorite places on earth is just a 45 minute drive plus a 1 hour hike away from my home...
[Image: 66868b9d43820922d5c833b433544016.jpg]

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
[+] 3 users Like TurkeyBurner's post
02-11-2015, 12:47 PM
(02-11-2015 12:39 PM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  One of my favorite places on earth is just a 45 minute drive plus a 1 hour hike away from my home...
[Image: 66868b9d43820922d5c833b433544016.jpg]

Wow, that is beautiful!