camping

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-10-2015, 08:26 AM
RE: camping
Now that I have the 4x4 truck I'd like to do more of that. Our Beetles are great for traveling but the ground clearance is atrocious.
A friend texted me early this year with a craigslist deal, a truck he could not afford. Now I have a 4x4 diesel. My 2wd is a great truck but with that heavy engine it could get stuck on an idea Tongue
I think yoga really is the answer here, crawling up off the ground trainingSmile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
30-10-2015, 08:33 AM
(30-10-2015 08:26 AM)skyking Wrote:  Now that I have the 4x4 truck I'd like to do more of that. Our Beetles are great for traveling but the ground clearance is atrocious.
A friend texted me early this year with a craigslist deal, a truck he could not afford. Now I have a 4x4 diesel. My 2wd is a great truck but with that heavy engine it could get stuck on an idea Tongue
I think yoga really is the answer here, crawling up off the ground trainingSmile

Maybe that's why I like to sleep on the ground? Since I'm always on my yoga mat, I'm comfortable there Tongue

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
30-10-2015, 09:02 AM
I reserve these group camps every year. If some of you are local, you'd be welcome. It might be appropriate to have a meetup before committing to a weekend in the woods with total strangers though. Big Grin
It is a really good deal. $50 a night and the space is huge, with room for many RVs and cars. I'd estimate about 3 acres all to ourselves. There are areas that are not accessible with bigger rigs that are ideal for tent camping.
The other one we get is Pine Needle.
http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/okawen/re...7&actid=33
It has a challenging driveway, longer trailers may drag bumper (off!) if you're not careful. I bring big boards to bridge the low spot for others.
It has an absolutely idyllic tent spot right on the river, with a firepit.
30-10-2015, 09:08 AM
(30-10-2015 09:02 AM)skyking Wrote:  I reserve these group camps every year. If some of you are local, you'd be welcome. It might be appropriate to have a meetup before committing to a weekend in the woods with total strangers though. Big Grin
It is a really good deal. $50 a night and the space is huge, with room for many RVs and cars. I'd estimate about 3 acres all to ourselves. There are areas that are not accessible with bigger rigs that are ideal for tent camping.
The other one we get is Pine Needle.
http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/okawen/re...7&actid=33
It has a challenging driveway, longer trailers may drag bumper (off!) if you're not careful. I bring big boards to bridge the low spot for others.
It has an absolutely idyllic tent spot right on the river, with a firepit.

I think a TTA camping trip would be fun Thumbsup

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
30-10-2015, 09:11 AM
Yup. Nothing puts the damper on gazing at a beautiful starry sky than some crappy old woo at the wrong moment. THAT wouldn't be happening Tongue
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
30-10-2015, 10:00 AM
Stark, dances, and a few others are up that way...

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 2 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
30-10-2015, 10:07 AM
moms not far either. This is a mobile idea. It could shift south too. maybe just a day trip out to the beach lot, on that very odd nice beach day in Washington Big Grin
30-10-2015, 03:50 PM
(30-10-2015 08:25 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  I prefer wild camping. I have a load of technical equipment and camp on top of a Scottish mountain. It's great to see the sunset and sunrise and to know that you are the only person for miles around.

We didn't get a chance to do it this year even though we're back in Scotland because we were without a car for so long. And the last few years we were in Germany without a car either.

If we stay in Scotland then we'll definitely be doing a lot more wild camping. We've seen lots of interesting wild life alone on top of the mountains. Like a pack of wild horses, an owl that constantly flew a few feet above our heads, huge deer that were munching grass around our tents etc
We drove through a bit of the highlands in 2007. I can see how nice that would be Thumbsup
02-11-2015, 12:39 PM
One of my favorite places on earth is just a 45 minute drive plus a 1 hour hike away from my home...
[Image: 66868b9d43820922d5c833b433544016.jpg]

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
[+] 3 users Like TurkeyBurner's post
02-11-2015, 12:47 PM
(02-11-2015 12:39 PM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  One of my favorite places on earth is just a 45 minute drive plus a 1 hour hike away from my home...
[Image: 66868b9d43820922d5c833b433544016.jpg]

Wow, that is beautiful!