camping

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-11-2015, 01:31 PM
RE: camping
No kidding, that is a sweet spot there. Nice pic too. I need to work on that. I tend to rely on the ol brain and can't share the neat things like that.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2015, 02:52 PM
(02-11-2015 12:39 PM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  One of my favorite places on earth is just a 45 minute drive plus a 1 hour hike away from my home...

Bald River Falls in southeast Tennessee is one of my favorite spots.

[Image: e07b41ba7131973be81151c820ab6c76]

To add a little perspective here is kayaker going over the last cascade.

[Image: p556522060-3.jpg]

There is a nice campsite at the top of the falls, and great hiking back up river into the Bald River wilderness area.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Popeye's Pappy's post
02-11-2015, 03:02 PM
I love the river music to sleep by. All those campgrounds I mentioned earlier are on the banks of the American River. Our beach lot is in earshot of the ocean.
02-11-2015, 06:22 PM
I never camp. Players who camp in a corner piss me offf.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
21-04-2016, 11:27 PM
First outing in our new trailer tomorrow. I have been busy remodeling it. I did not get too fancy or new, so I could tear into it without trepidation. I replaced the 74" long RV queen bed with a real king bed ( I am 74" long, it was not happening Smile ).
Tore out the bathroom, walls and all. Started putting it back so we would have room at the end of the bed. I am not done but the plumbing works so off we go Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
24-04-2016, 08:51 PM
I didn't take these photos, but this is where I went camping last week.

[Image: Cades-Cove-Bike-Ride.jpg]

[Image: An-excellent-photo-of-Laurel-Falls-in-Cades-Cove.jpg]

I didn't catch anything, but I did do a bit of fly fishing. I'd like to do more hiking up there this year.

[+] 2 users Like Dark Light's post
24-04-2016, 09:45 PM (This post was last modified: 24-04-2016 09:57 PM by skyking.)
Very nice. We went to Belfair at the end of Hood Canal.

[Image: camp1_zpsr2r7tcfe.jpg]

My wife, with one of the quilts she finished by the fire. She does everything but the binding, and saves that for sitting around the fire in the evenings.
[Image: camp2_zpsspbufsyi.jpg]

The barrel in the fire pit is an old washing machine tub. They are great for cooking over.
Dinner was oysters with butter, minced onion, and garlic on the fire, and various salads and tri tips.
[+] 3 users Like skyking's post
25-04-2016, 09:20 AM
My wife wants a camping trailer. We would have no place to put it, though, short of renting a storage area. She also quilts. That's a nice quilt your wife made. We have those things all over the house, even on the walls; some get changed for the seasons or holidays.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
25-04-2016, 09:27 AM
We've got some pretty primitive survival training coming up in June in which we will be camping out in improvised shelters and teaching the newer guys (and now one girl) how to eat insects and clean rabbits. I'll be sure to post some meal pictures as well Smile

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
25-04-2016, 09:29 AM
see, I left the meal pictures out. Tongue
Yes Fireball the walls in our home change with the seasons and holidays.