camping

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-04-2016, 09:38 AM (This post was last modified: 25-04-2016 09:42 AM by Stark Raving.)
RE: camping
I love camping. It's my best therapy. I really like remote places, so a camper isn't really an option. My rig these days is a bit smaller...

[Image: 15we4ra.jpg]
[Image: 9kqtqh.jpg]
[Image: zj6poo.jpg]

I like the luxury of a camper too though. I figure so long as you love it, you're doing it right.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
25-04-2016, 09:44 AM
(25-04-2016 09:38 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I love camping. It's my best therapy. I really like remote places, so a camper isn't really an option. My rig these days is a bit smaller...

http://a65.tinypic.com/15we4ra.jpg
http://a64.tinypic.com/9kqtqh.jpg
http://a63.tinypic.com/zj6poo.jpg

I like the luxury of a camper too though. I figure so long as you love it, you're doing it right.

I can relate. For me part of the fun is making my camping spot based on my surroundings. Sleeping comfortably in a well constructed snow shelter or elevated tree tent is more satisfying. I may have to modify my camping philosophy a bit when my kids and girlfriend start showing an interest.

'Murican Canadian
25-04-2016, 09:44 AM
I can get around better than my wife. It is all about everybody having a good time, so I settle for walks on the beach and easier trails with her and the dogs. Lots of driving to cool places with shorter walks. If anybody gets a chance to visit the north shore and remote areas of Hood Canal, do it. It is very beautiful with the snow covered Olympic mountains as a backdrop.
Scenic Beach State Park is nice.
http://parks.state.wa.us/579/Scenic-Beach
They were having a wedding there that day, it would be a nice backdrop for wedding photos.
25-04-2016, 09:49 AM
(25-04-2016 09:44 AM)skyking Wrote:  I can get around better than my wife. It is all about everybody having a good time, so I settle for walks on the beach and easier trails with her and the dogs. Lots of driving to cool places with shorter walks. If anybody gets a chance to visit the north shore and remote areas of Hood Canal, do it. It is very beautiful with the snow covered Olympic mountains as a backdrop.
They were having a wedding there that day, it would be a nice backdrop for wedding photos.

Been all over the area around Hood Canal. That's also where I caught both my first octopus and my first skate Tongue. I grew up back and forth between that part of Washington and Alaska.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
25-04-2016, 10:25 AM
(25-04-2016 09:49 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(25-04-2016 09:44 AM)skyking Wrote:  I can get around better than my wife. It is all about everybody having a good time, so I settle for walks on the beach and easier trails with her and the dogs. Lots of driving to cool places with shorter walks. If anybody gets a chance to visit the north shore and remote areas of Hood Canal, do it. It is very beautiful with the snow covered Olympic mountains as a backdrop.

Been all over the area around Hood Canal. That's also where I caught both my first octopus and my first skate Tongue. I grew up back and forth between that part of Washington and Alaska.
having been all over, would you concur it is something worth visiting?
25-04-2016, 11:14 AM
(25-04-2016 10:25 AM)skyking Wrote:  
(25-04-2016 09:49 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Been all over the area around Hood Canal. That's also where I caught both my first octopus and my first skate Tongue. I grew up back and forth between that part of Washington and Alaska.
having been all over, would you concur it is something worth visiting?

Maybe it's just my personal bias, but absolutely.

I'll have to dig around next time I'm in Colorado where my grandma has all the photo albums. I know I've got some good pictures, but they were all taken back before the digital era, and I don't even want to try to explain via telephone to my grandmother how to work the scanner.

'Murican Canadian
25-04-2016, 11:31 AM
Are you familiar with Staircase? I just stumbled across a whole bunch of pictures of me with my friend's family rafting down Staircase rapids and also jumping off the bridge near Lake Cushman. I'll upload them later after I have a chance to scan them and you can all see what a goofy looking kid I was. Which some of you already have if you saw the Cub Scout photo I uploaded a while back.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
25-04-2016, 11:34 AM (This post was last modified: 25-04-2016 11:56 AM by skyking.)
No, but we camped and hung out on the Eastern and southern part this time. Cushman is on the list.
My floatplane instructor won the Lake Cushman short take off competition a few years in a row, using the plane he taught me in.
25-04-2016, 12:45 PM
I have a friend -- he has a house on this lake... On the other side of the lake is a "campground" --- of RV's and campers...........

They have a lot on the "campground" and spend most of the summer there......

I refer to it as the UN refugee center....

I don't fucking get it...... WHY would you sleep in a crappy bed, in a crappy box --- when you have a fucking nice house on the other side of the lake???????

Not only do I not get it --- I don't WANT to get it....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
25-04-2016, 01:02 PM
Maybe they can't get smoke in their clothes and hair on the house side of the lake? Big Grin