camping

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-05-2016, 03:32 PM
RE: camping
I got a 5th wheel and I'm turning it into a tiny house! So excited. Can't wait to go to every state! I love traveling so we decided to live tiny and take it with us so a 5th wheel seemed to be the best way to go!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like purpledaisies's post
20-05-2016, 02:05 AM
Last time I checked, it was a legitimate strategy...

[Image: it__s_a_legitimate_strategy_by_sithman1138.jpg]

Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
20-05-2016, 07:28 AM
Smile
Heading west down the gorge this morning. Thanks to dancesfortwo, we will go on the scenic historic highway and Crown point. We would have missed that without her suggestion. I have pictures to share but only weak 1x internet Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like skyking's post
20-05-2016, 07:41 AM
I never did figure out camping. Even as a kid I couldn't inderstand why we wanted to lay on the ground when we had fine beds at home. My dad had an old army surplus tent that was heavy canvas from WW2 I assume. 10 X 12 ft for 5 kids Mom and Dad. (This was about 1952 thru 1960) My kids wanted to go camping as they grew up, so I made sure they got into scouting so I didn't have to get involved.
[+] 1 user Likes Born Again Pagan's post
22-05-2016, 05:52 PM
It was too much like her early life for my mom to ever want to do it. The owner of our local Thai restaurant said she lived in a refugee camp for 3 years, no thanks.
We are back home after staying two days on the Columbia River, two days on the east fork of Hood River, and two days on the shores of Riffe Lake.
Notice a water theme ?Big Grin
I hope to post a few pictures if I can get my phone running again. It is totally messed up.
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
22-05-2016, 08:59 PM
(22-05-2016 05:52 PM)skyking Wrote:  It was too much like her early life for my mom to ever want to do it. The owner of our local Thai restaurant said she lived in a refugee camp for 3 years, no thanks.
We are back home after staying two days on the Columbia River, two days on the east fork of Hood River, and two days on the shores of Riffe Lake.
Notice a water theme ?Big Grin
I hope to post a few pictures if I can get my phone running again. It is totally messed up.

Water sites are always a great place to camp/visit/live. The water moderates the temperature to reasonable values. I've camped in the middle of freaking nowhere, and we even had to bring in our own water. I know how to survive in the desert, but I sure as shit don't want to visit it on purpose as a vacation. Lots of shiny (not in a good way), spiny, venomous things live there. I've lived 50+ of my years in the deserts of Southern California (though to be fair, some of it was irrigated), so I know whereof I speak.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
04-06-2016, 08:47 AM
Bad news is the photos are gone. Good news, we are at the beach lot. The surf was good music to sleep by.
19-11-2016, 05:39 PM
Going out again, just getting away for a few days. North to Deception Pass or Birch Bay. This time of year no reservations are needed.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
21-11-2016, 06:07 PM (This post was last modified: 21-11-2016 06:21 PM by skyking.)
End of the line, salmonids...... Nooksack Falls near Mt. Baker

Wells Creek coming in from the south makes for a nice bunch of white water.
Big cave to the left under the falls.
[Image: IMG_20161121_112448_zpsfiy34rc5.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like skyking's post
21-11-2016, 07:24 PM (This post was last modified: 21-11-2016 08:25 PM by Fireball.)
(21-11-2016 06:07 PM)skyking Wrote:  End of the line, salmonids...... Nooksack Falls near Mt. Baker

Wells Creek coming in from the south makes for a nice bunch of white water.
Big cave to the left under the falls.
[Image: IMG_20161121_112448_zpsfiy34rc5.jpg]

Shit, son, step back from the edge! Gasp

He said "Nooksack!" Laugh out load

We'll get there someday. Beautiful country!
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post