can one simply treat mental ilness and adhd by diet

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-03-2014, 06:57 PM
can one simply treat mental ilness and adhd by diet
I am litterally looking into trying to solve to of my problems with nutrients butttttt..... I keep thinking that this is quack science... I'm just not sure... I don't know how to tell...I've been watching a combination of this movie on net flix called "food matter".. and to video.. one saying that adhd is treatable by nutrition{not that I completed watching it} and another that completely saws mental illness is tretable by a raw food diet.....

anybody have sany thing to ad to this that would be a non-quckiery look at this or verifies it....

btwI will never go vegterian... sorry just can't stand the taste of veggies unless they are did right and most of the time they are not.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-03-2014, 06:58 PM
RE: can one simply treat mental ilness and adhd by diet
http://youtu.be/GPBo2cstNMI

http://youtu.be/967movuUpqo

17-03-2014, 09:49 PM
Eating healthily definitely makes you feel better.. But I don't know if I'd say it's a "cure" for anything.

The raw food diet is silly, don't do it.

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
17-03-2014, 10:04 PM
the movie claims it... I don't know lol.

18-03-2014, 03:36 AM
There is a belief from ancient times in China that after hard practice, one can ultimately feed on air rather than food. This belief has some scientific ground. No one is able to assert than you won't find a single molecule or atom of a specific nutrient in the air after all.

So, likewise, diet treatment also has to face this question: is the concentration and dosage sufficient ?

Want something? Then do something.
18-03-2014, 03:38 AM
good point.......

18-03-2014, 03:48 AM
(18-03-2014 03:36 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  There is a belief from ancient times in China that after hard practice, one can ultimately feed on air rather than food. This belief has some scientific ground. No one is able to assert than you won't find a single molecule or atom of a specific nutrient in the air after all.

So, likewise, diet treatment also has to face this question: is the concentration and dosage sufficient ?

No it doesn't. Every time it has been studied either the subject was found to be cheating or they quickly began to starve to death. This has been rather thoroughly debunked. Pseudoscientific nonsense.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
18-03-2014, 04:01 AM
I'm a mental health nurse with nearly 10 years of experience. Diet is just one part of a treatment regime; medication, talking therapies, social/financial support etc. No one thing -in my humble opinion - will treat mental illness or ADHD....it also depends on the diagnosis and the psychiatrist/psychologist who made it. I've been involved in the care of some people with good outcomes and with some who didn't respond to any interventions and are still in hospital after many years.....

Using Tapatalk
[+] 1 user Likes ProjeKtWEREWOLF's post
18-03-2014, 04:11 AM
Parent of ADHD and Aspergers children reporting in.

It depends what you mean by 'treat'.

Dietary change had an amazing effect of our children.

No preservatives, no additives, no colourants, no gluten (wheat etc.) and no casein (dairy).

As the whole family made the change, I also noticed personal improvements in my health (like my hayfever vanished (and the symptoms return when I have butter etc.)).

But we are talking about treating and managing the symptoms.

We are not talking about treating the underlying causes of these symptoms (the disease / disorder).

18-03-2014, 04:13 AM
(18-03-2014 03:48 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(18-03-2014 03:36 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  There is a belief from ancient times in China that after hard practice, one can ultimately feed on air rather than food. This belief has some scientific ground. No one is able to assert than you won't find a single molecule or atom of a specific nutrient in the air after all.

No it doesn't. Every time it has been studied either the subject was found to be cheating or they quickly began to starve to death. This has been rather thoroughly debunked. Pseudoscientific nonsense.
isn't that what he said

[+] 1 user Likes kunoxian drive's post