can someone debunk this?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-10-2016, 04:43 PM
RE: can someone debunk this?
(06-10-2016 03:42 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(06-10-2016 02:27 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I think it looks like Dr. Phil...

[Image: 46a1691fa6f72fee858eb8bf2ae96834.jpg]

Laugh out load that was hilarious!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2016, 04:49 PM
(06-10-2016 04:23 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  This is a hoot!
I was reading around about this, here's one site that claims this is project Bluebeam where NASA is allegedly "attempting to implement a New Age religion with the Antichrist at its head and start a New World Order, via a technologically-simulated Second Coming."

Or it's a hoax or a bit of lens flare. Facepalm

Good grief, do we ever slow our ape minds down enough to consider plausible explanations instead of wild pie-in-the-sky explanations?

I bet the Reptilians are laughing at us Hobo Wink
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
06-10-2016, 04:51 PM
(06-10-2016 04:43 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(06-10-2016 03:42 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  

Laugh out load that was hilarious!

There's a whole underground community of Dr. Phil soundboard prankers.

I laugh my ass off listening to it.
06-10-2016, 06:25 PM
can someone debunk this?
(06-10-2016 12:02 PM)genericamerican22 Wrote:  did anyone see the video of the supposed virgin mary in africa on april 20 2011? What do you think it is, I know its not real the virgin mary but I have no clue what it could possibly be. ill link it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBCha561tgo

I don't see anything. Can you do a screenshot of the offending image?
06-10-2016, 07:26 PM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2016 07:56 PM by Reltzik.)
(06-10-2016 12:02 PM)genericamerican22 Wrote:  did anyone see the video of the supposed virgin mary in africa on april 20 2011? What do you think it is, I know its not real the virgin mary but I have no clue what it could possibly be. ill link it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBCha561tgo

... I'm seeing bad cell phone video of the sun, with lens flare, between a couple of trees, while crowd and cameraman are agitated about something.

What am I supposed to be seeing?

EDIT: ... also, remind me again how anyone knows what Mary's supposed to look like?

(06-10-2016 02:27 PM)jennybee Wrote:  [Image: 46a1691fa6f72fee858eb8bf2ae96834.jpg]

Someone needs to figure out how to make a mobius pancake. EDIT: Someone already did!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGzxGQ3pLeX/

Sorry, Doctor Phil. Mobius pancake. Your logic is invalidated.
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
06-10-2016, 08:21 PM
(06-10-2016 07:26 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  

... I'm seeing bad cell phone video of the sun, with lens flare, between a couple of trees, while crowd and cameraman are agitated about something.

What am I supposed to be seeing?

EDIT: ... also, remind me again how anyone knows what Mary's supposed to look like?

(06-10-2016 02:27 PM)jennybee Wrote:  [Image: 46a1691fa6f72fee858eb8bf2ae96834.jpg]

Someone needs to figure out how to make a mobius pancake. EDIT: Someone already did!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGzxGQ3pLeX/

Sorry, Doctor Phil. Mobius pancake. Your logic is invalidated.

I'm hungry for pancakes now Wink
06-10-2016, 08:46 PM
I used to design tools. I could make an iron like one used for waffles that would make Möbius "pancakes". Not sure it would technically be called a "pancake", if made with an iron. A first article would run about $15k US. Maybe they are already out there somewhere, so I'm not spending any time on it.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
06-10-2016, 09:50 PM
(06-10-2016 08:46 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I used to design tools. I could make an iron like one used for waffles that would make Möbius "pancakes". Not sure it would technically be called a "pancake", if made with an iron. A first article would run about $15k US. Maybe they are already out there somewhere, so I'm not spending any time on it.

I was thinking injection moulding, so yeah, something like a waffle iron. You'd need to be careful adding the batter. Too much and super-hot batter will be dripping out of a gap somewhere. Too little and it won't make the entire mobius strip.

And no, don't spend time on it. We've got the proof of concept and that's all we need.
07-10-2016, 12:10 AM
[Image: rooster_pugbutt_jesus.jpg?itok=d1npsI6j]

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
07-10-2016, 04:26 PM
The sensors in digital cameras are notorious for producing optical aberrations whenever they're pointed in the direction of the sun (as this camera is). Each of the sensor's photoreceptors can only hold a specific number of photons before they "overflow" into the adjacent photoreceptors. This can cause apparently geometric false images such as circles, stars, discs, and crosses etc.

This is a digital image which shows sensor overload—the little blob right at the centre of the sun's image (ignore the lens flare). If you have your monitor's gamma settings calibrated properly, you'll see a vaguely similar effect on the African video at the "hot spot".

[Image: Sunflare_by_YourAverageFemale.jpg]

People will argue that the observers aren't looking through the viewfinder of a digital camera—that their own eyes are seeing the image directly, with no electronic distortion—but it's remarkable that after a briefly observed "miracle" uneducated, devout people will swear that what they allegedly saw actually occurred. Backed up largely by videos like this LOL.

This site discusses an earlier religious phenomenon of a similar psychologically-based "miracle":

The Lady of Fátima and The Miracle of The Sun

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post