cant stand rude people

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-05-2015, 10:16 PM
RE: cant stand rude people
(31-05-2015 08:21 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  
(31-05-2015 08:10 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I would have given you a go to hell look too.
What you did does come across as bitchy and rude. Should he have put his cigarette out? sure, but it's not a big deal and yet you're making a huge deal out of it. You could have asked him nicely. "are you gonna put that out?" comes across very bitchy.

To a degree maybe. But what about the kids around that could have picked that up and burned themselves or something. Kids are fast!

If a kid is stupid enough to pick up a lit used cigarette and burn themselves than they deserve to be burned.

Quote:But if he had done the right thing to begin with I wouldn't have said a word!

No. The only person responsible for your actions is you. Your actions are on you not him stop trying to pass blame.

I'm not saying don't say something I'm saying the way you went about it was rude.
A simple "hey excuse me, could you please put that out, saftey and all that" would have resulted in a much friendlier exchange. Instead you decided to come across as rude and a bit of a bitch and so got a response to match.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-05-2015, 10:51 PM
(31-05-2015 10:16 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(31-05-2015 08:21 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  To a degree maybe. But what about the kids around that could have picked that up and burned themselves or something. Kids are fast!

If a kid is stupid enough to pick up a lit used cigarette and burn themselves than they deserve to be burned.

Quote:But if he had done the right thing to begin with I wouldn't have said a word!

No. The only person responsible for your actions is you. Your actions are on you not him stop trying to pass blame.

I'm not saying don't say something I'm saying the way you went about it was rude.
A simple "hey excuse me, could you please put that out, saftey and all that" would have resulted in a much friendlier exchange. Instead you decided to come across as rude and a bit of a bitch and so got a response to match.
First I'm talking about toddlers that don't understand its lit! Sheesh
True I am responsible for my actions and I wasn't blaming in for my actions. But I did ask you if he was going to put it out. Now that its not up to me for how he took it nor do I care how he took it. I only cared about others which says mirevabout me then him. Especially when he couldn't care less if it started a fire or burned some one or let some one smell us nasty butt when he left it there.
So I was out spoken enough to hopefully make him think the next time he flicks a lit butt!
01-06-2015, 05:38 AM
I feel your pain.

I was at the gas station the other day - and just as I finished filling up the bike -- a truck rolled in, past me and pulled up at the front of the store (Circle K) -- as he went past me, the dickhead tossed a LIT CIGARETTE which rolled to a stop not more than 5 feet from the pump - still smoldering.

I quickly walked into the store - the guy was next to be waited on... He asked for a pack of smokes.....

I got right into his shit -- and told the clerk not to sell him a damned thing. The clerk was confused - until I pointed out the smoldering butt -- which was still visible from the counter.....(nobody else was fueling, or I'd have stepped on it)

She got really pissed off at the guy - and told him to go pick up and extinguish his butt -- or she'd "Call the cops"....

I loved it....

Fucking senseless moron.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
01-06-2015, 07:59 AM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2015 08:03 AM by Drunkin Druid.)
Non smokers tend to whine about smokers in general. In fact it seems they look for shit to whine about.. Smile
They've already bunched the smokers together in a little pit like a bunch of lepers. Hell a business owner can't even decide for himself if his establishment will be nonsmoking or not.
01-06-2015, 08:40 AM
Quote:First I'm talking about toddlers that don't understand its lit! Sheesh

Toddlers know not to touch hot shit. And why is a toddler unaccompanied in the smoking section climbing onto tables to grab at ciggy butts anyway?

Quote:True I am responsible for my actions and I wasn't blaming in for my actions. But I did ask you if he was going to put it out. Now that its not up to me for how he took it nor do I care how he took it.

It's entirely up to you. You came across as a grade A bitch, of course he's going to be pissed off at you.

Quote:I only cared about others which says mirevabout me then him.

No, you cared about you wanting to exert authority and superiority over someone.
You wanted to be the big (wo)man and stand up to the evil person who flicks lit ciggy butts into the ash tray.

Quote:Especially when he couldn't care less if it started a fire or burned some one

It was in the ash tray. It isn't starting a fire or burning anybody.

Quote:or let some one smell us nasty butt when he left it there.

You're in the smoking section. You're gonna smell smoke!

Quote:So I was out spoken enough to hopefully make him think the next time he flicks a lit butt!

No, you were outspoken to a point where you came across as a complete bitch. If anything your method was counter productive.

[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
01-06-2015, 08:43 AM
(01-06-2015 05:38 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I feel your pain.

I was at the gas station the other day - and just as I finished filling up the bike -- a truck rolled in, past me and pulled up at the front of the store (Circle K) -- as he went past me, the dickhead tossed a LIT CIGARETTE which rolled to a stop not more than 5 feet from the pump - still smoldering.

I quickly walked into the store - the guy was next to be waited on... He asked for a pack of smokes.....

I got right into his shit -- and told the clerk not to sell him a damned thing. The clerk was confused - until I pointed out the smoldering butt -- which was still visible from the counter.....(nobody else was fueling, or I'd have stepped on it)

She got really pissed off at the guy - and told him to go pick up and extinguish his butt -- or she'd "Call the cops"....

I loved it....

Yiiiip. I used to work in a gas station. You'd be surprised how often this happens. Especially when people are sitting inside their cars smoking and they tap the ashes out the window. I know it's habit and everything but comon people.
Worst I had was a guy smoking WHILE filling up. I literally yelled at him from across the forecourt to put it out.

Gas stations is a place where you can yell at people for not putting out their cigarette because big explosion and all that.

[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
01-06-2015, 09:42 AM
You could have handled that much better, Daisies. "You'll catch more flies with honey than vinegar."
01-06-2015, 10:32 AM
(01-06-2015 08:43 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(01-06-2015 05:38 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I feel your pain.

I loved it....

Yiiiip. I used to work in a gas station. You'd be surprised how often this happens. Especially when people are sitting inside their cars smoking and they tap the ashes out the window. I know it's habit and everything but comon people.
Worst I had was a guy smoking WHILE filling up. I literally yelled at him from across the forecourt to put it out.

Gas stations is a place where you can yell at people for not putting out their cigarette because big explosion and all that.

I've actually seen worse...

I used to hang out at a gas station my buddy worked at, when I first got out of High School.... This was in the first couple years of "self service" in this area.....

I watched this guy get out, pump his gas, come inside to pay for it --- goes back out, gets in his car -- lights up a smoke -- and drives off with the gas nozzle still in the fill.... It was one of the older GM cars with the fill behind the plate.....

The hose rips apart - and the steel lining uncoils as the guy drives off oblivious.... Fortunately the pump wasn't running but the gas in the hose went all over the place......

We about shit....

Lucked out... No fire...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
01-06-2015, 12:30 PM
(01-06-2015 10:32 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(01-06-2015 08:43 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Yiiiip. I used to work in a gas station. You'd be surprised how often this happens. Especially when people are sitting inside their cars smoking and they tap the ashes out the window. I know it's habit and everything but comon people.

I've actually seen worse...

I used to hang out at a gas station my buddy worked at, when I first got out of High School.... This was in the first couple years of "self service" in this area.....

I watched this guy get out, pump his gas, come inside to pay for it --- goes back out, gets in his car -- lights up a smoke -- and drives off with the gas nozzle still in the fill.... It was one of the older GM cars with the fill behind the plate.....

The hose rips apart - and the steel lining uncoils as the guy drives off oblivious.... Fortunately the pump wasn't running but the gas in the hose went all over the place......

We about shit....

Lucked out... No fire...

I managed stations for BP in SoCal up until 2009 ... drive-offs are pretty common. Newer systems have clapper valves on either side of a breakaway joint for precisely this reason.

Once more, stupidity increases costs for everyone.
01-06-2015, 01:28 PM
Maybe it's because I'm not a smoker, but just wtf?

They threw the butt in the ash tray. A lit or smoldering cigarette can LITERALLY not ignite gasoline; therefore, nothing "unsafe" about the action.

Again, they threw it in the ash tray and not on the ground, trash, etc. aka where it was supposed to go.

I'm confused at the hostility...

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post